HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

"Year 6", by Amanda H.

Hello again,
 
We have made it to the end of August! The year is going fast but there is still plenty of inspiration from the team coming your way from now until the end of the year!
 
Today I bring you a page using Kaisercraft Indigo Skies. I did not get this range when it was first released, but recently I was drawn to it's prettiness (perfect for my girls) but also the lovely blue tones (& the non-pink factor!).
 
Here is my page!
 

I started with two base papers in the range: Shibori and Midnight. I mounted the two photos in Midnight, before placing this sheet at the back, with the subtle white and grey tones of Shibori on top. I got really lucky when I saw the paper strip quote at the bottom of the Shibori paper. "Start each day with a grateful heart & stay true to yourself" - so perfect for first day of school photos! I stuck along the bottom of the layout as a feature.

Of course, the main focus on this page is the butterflies! As soon as I saw the Chambray paper, I knew I needed to fussy cut some butterflies! I cut 5 butterflies and stuck them angled up the page, like they are flying away. To add to this effect, I machine stitches through the butterflies, and used foam tape to add dimensions to their wings.

The final feature you may notice on this background is the splatters and painting. I used Tim Holtz - Distress Oxide Ink Pad - Faded Jeans by pressing some ink on a stamp block, adding water and using the watered ink to splatter and also to paint the outer edges of the paper. I also added some subtle splatters of Colour Blast Shimmer Spray in Snow White to this.

Let's take a close look at the butterflies, and what other embellishments I have used.

 
For the title, I used Summer Light Thickers, with some strips of washi tape underneath it.


I used some 2Crafty Hearts, which I firstly inked using the Tim Holtz - Distress Oxide Ink Pad - Faded Jeans, before embossing. To emboss, I used Colour Blast Embossing Powder in Snow White, and when you emboss with this over the blue ink, it made them shiny and glittery!






The extra stickers I added to the page include: Bella Blvd Puffy Hearts and Stars, as well as the round Puffy sticker from the St Tropez Puffy Sticker set.


 
Products used:
Papers:
Kaisercraft - Indigo Skies Paper - Shibori
Kaisercraft - Indigo Skies Paper - Midnight
Kaisercraft - Indigo Skies Paper - Chambray
 
2Crafty Chipboard:
Hearts
 
Embellishments:
Pink Paislee - Summer Lights Thickers - Holographic Alpha Chipboard
Bella Blvd - Puffy Stars - Blueberry Mix
Bella Blvd - Puffy Hearts - Ice Mix
Prima - St. Tropez Puffy Stickers
 
Other:
Tim Holtz - Distress Oxide Ink Pad - Faded Jeans
Colour Blast Shimmer Spray in Snow White
Colour Blast Embossing Powder in Snow White
 
Thanks for looking,
Amanda
 
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment