HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

"Sweet Precious Girls", by Amanda H

Hello everyone,
 
And welcome to my second page share for the July. And I have jumped back to the
 lovely collection of Pink Paislee Summer Lights for this...
 
 
When I saw the Number 2 paper in this range, I knew I had to have it! The colours.... the soft clouds and seascape, simply stunning! I used this amazing paper as the background to this page.
 
I did mount it on some White Cardstock, distressing the edges as I went.
 
I used a variety of papers from the Summer Lights 6x6 Paper Pad to stack as a mount behind the photo. Again distressing the edges, of each paper.
 
The 3 clusters on the page were created using 2Crafty Heart Clumps  chipboard.
 These were inked with Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink in Cracked Pistachio. I did add some Dimensional Magic to some of the hearts in the chipboard; interestingly it changed the colour of the ink. Probably not ideal, but certainly good to know the different effects you can get with your Distress Oxides!
 

In this first cluster, I created the title with a mix of Cocoa Vanilla Studio goodies: 
1. Wood Veneer word ("sweet" from Wild at Heart range), 2. A sticker ("precious" from
 Wild at Heart sticker sheet), and 3. Alphabet stickers ("girls" from Love Actually range).
 I painted the wood veneer word with white gesso, before embossing with a fine white
 embossing powder.




In this cluster, the heart clump is repeated with the Wood Veneer word ("love" from Wild at Heart range) layered on top. More hearts, and then sequins from my stash.

I did add some stickers from the CVS Make a Wish Sticker sheet and the small sticker strips run down the edge of the layout as informal journaling.

 The last cluster at the top left of the photo repeats the same heart clumps, heart stickers and sequins.

Overall I love the feel and colours in this page. A lovely way to document an awesome photo of my sweet precious girls at the beach.


Products used:

Papers:

2Crafty:

Embellishments:

Thanks for looking today!

Amanda



 

No comments:

Post a Comment