HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, October 3, 2014

We R Memory Keepers "Indian Summer" PLUS Kaisercraft "Yuletide" - By Linda Eggleton

Hi everyone....and welcome to October!  Yikes, how did that happen so quickly?!?
I guess you can say that we are on the downhill slide to Christmas
and the end of another year, which is pretty scary!
 
Today I have a layout to share using the utterly gorgeous Indian Summer collection from WRMK.
The colours & patterns in this collection are to die for!  I absolutely LOVE them and have really enjoyed creating with them for my first layout........
 
 
"S.W.A.K"
Based on the October sketch at Scrap365
 

The background paper I've used is "Watercolour"....which lives up to its name very well, don't ya think?  All those gorgeous blended looking watercolours are right there, already on the paper....all I have added is a little bit of stencil work using Kaisercraft Lattice template, some light stamping, some stamped rings using glimmermist & a few flicks of different mists.
 
 

I have stamped a few Prima Stitched Circles onto a variety of papers, in different sizes & then layered them on top of each other & in under the photo.  I've created a cluster using a few Petaloo & Green Tara flowers, Flutterby Flair & 2Crafty Leafy Silhouettes that I've coloured in dark brown using my Gelatos.
 

The little frame around the photo is from the Indian Summer Journal Cards pack....and wow, there are so many cards, frames, diecut cards, journal cards etc in this pack...and in a variety of sizes too!  They are seriously good value...and although they are pocket page type of cards, they can also be  quite easily used on layouts as well.  They are really super cool :)
 
The cute little camera is a 2Crafty Tiny Camera that I coloured with gelatos & then I've highlighted a few areas with some journal pens.  The gorgeous little doily is from the Embossed Sticker Sheet.....and the embossing on these is quite detailed & very prominent.
 
 

The arrow is another piece from the Embossed Sticker Sheet
 
 

The journal strips I have cut from one of the 4x4 cards in the journal card pack....and I've also coloured it slightly with some glimmermist that I've randomly painted on with a brush.
 
 

Here is a bit of a close up of the stencil work....using modelling paste & Kaisercraft Lattice template. 
To get the coffee ring effect, I've painted the rim of an old glass with some glimmermist, and then simply "stamped" it onto the page.  I've then lightly stamped randomly over the page with Kaisercraft Tiny Dot stamp.
 
 
I can't stress enough how much I love this collection...it's one of my new fav's <3
I hope you love it as much as I do!
 
 
 
I also have a few of my Kaisercraft DT layouts to share as well....using one of the new Christmas colletions - Yuletide, which features more traditional colours & patterns.
 
"Cheeky Santa"
 
I've used a variety of papers in red, green & gold, and embellished with pieces from the fab Collectables pack & sticker sheet.
 

I've also embellished using a few of my Die's, both the leaves.... & the flower that is sitting under the Red KC Paper Bloom - all cut from papers in this collection.
 
 

Here is another shot from a different angle.
 
 

Some layered up collectables, stickers & scrap pieces of pp...... and some
green alpha stickers for the title.
 
 

Another diecut flower using the "Garland" paper that has a gorgeous news print on it.
 
 

More stickers & Collectables - there are soooo many pieces in each of these, which makes them such great value & there's always something to suit just about everyone,
no matter what your style of scrapping :)
 
 

Pics are of my hubby wearing a santa hat & being rather cheeky!
 
Kaisercraft Products: Festive P1614, Christmas Eve P1617, Nativity P1615, Joyful P1619, Good Tidings P1612, Miracle P1620, Garland P1616, Paper Pad PP948, Collectables CT805, Sticker Sheet SS255, Fire Red Paper Blooms F664, Olive Mini Paper Blooms F650, Fire Red Mini Paper Blooms F669, Latte Pearl Strip PL505, Green Alpha Stickers AS257, Double Sided Tape T314, Foam Tape T303
 
Other: Flower Die, Leaf Dies, Buttons


"Believe in the Magic of Christmas"

For this layout I've cut out a few of the squares on the Miracle paper & arranged them in a patchwork effect across the page.... and I have added a bit of stamping to the background using the Numbers stamp with KC white ink.
 
 

I've used some paper blooms, stickers & collectables pieces to create a cluster...I just
love these pieces!
 
 

And more stickers, collectables & strip pieces of pp
 

Pic is of one of our fav santa decorations that comes out each year to decorate our home :)
 
Kaisercraft Products: Nutcracker P1613, Nativity P1615, Good Tidings P1612, Goodwill P1618, Joyful P1619, Miracle P1620, Paper Pad PP948, Collectables CT805, Sticker Sheet SS255, Coconut Paper Blooms F627, Honey paper Blooms F628, Olive Mini Paper Blooms F650, Numbers Stamp CS838, White Ink Pad IP720, Double Sided Tape T314, Foam Tape T303, Bark Ink Pad IP724, Paper Blooms Wire Stems.
 
Other: Red Flower, Stiching Stamp


 
Next I have decorated a few plain white candles...very quick & easy & is a great idea for some cheap christmas decorating for the home....or perhaps as a small gift :)

"Christmas Candles" 
 

Just a few strips of paper - some with punched edges & others left plain....with some added collectables & some twine....very quick & easy :)
 
Here's a few close ups....
 

 

 
Kaisercraft Products: Nutcracker P1613, Goodwill P1618, Nativity P1615, Paper Pad PP948, Collectables CT805, Sticker Sheet SS255, White Cardstock CD601, Double Sided Tape T314
Other: Candles, Twine, Doily Die



And lastly....a couple of Christmas cards...


 
 

 
 

Both are fairly basic, simple cards, yet still look quite unique.
These type of cards are very achievable for any skill level of paper crafter.
 
Kaisercraft Products: Festive P1614, Nativity P1615, Nutcracker P1613, Joyful P1619, Good Tidings P1612, Miracle P1620, Paper Pad PP948, Sticker Sheet SS255, Yuletide Clear Stamps CS186, Bark Ink IP 724, Double Sided Tape TT314, Foam Tape T303
Other: Twine, Rosette Die
 
 
That's all from me for today....I hope you have enjoyed my creations & have been inspired.
Until next week....happy scrapping!  xx
 
 
Photobucket
 
Tim Holtz - Distress Ink - Walnut Stain
Mont Marte - Gesso
Sassafras - Alpha Stickers
Faber-Castell - Gelatos

1 comment:

  1. Love, love what you have done with the Indian Summer range, those circles look amazing Linda! And fabulous Christmas pages with the KC too x

    ReplyDelete