HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, July 25, 2014

Simple Stories "The Story of Us" & some Kaisercraft "Be-YOU-tiful" - By Linda Eggleton

Hi everyone...Gosh, the weeks seem to be flying at a hectic pace lately! 
How can it be Friday again already?!?
 
I have quite a bit to share today, so I hope you can grab yourself a cuppa & sit back & enjoy :)
 
First up is another page using the wedding themed collection from Simple Stories - The Story of Us.
I have created another page for my daughter's graduation....
 
 
"Con-grad-ulations"
 

I've used mostly tiny scrap pieces for this one...including the little cut off strips from the bottom of the papers, cutting strips into various lengths & arranging them in a cross formation before adding the photo & more paper & diecut layers.
 
 

I've also added a bit of textured stencil work using a Teresa Collins stencil that has lots of tiny chevron arrows.  The circles are a Memory Box die - Loopy Rings, and the other punchinella type circles are another Memory Box die - Contempo Circle Border that I've cut into strips & layered with the other strips of PP.  These are both my fav die's atm!
 
 

The title is made up using the 3 different alpha stickers from the Expressions sticker sheet.....and some diecuts from the Bits & Pieces pack to the right of the photo.  AND I still have a heap of these diecuts left....there is a HEAP in this pack which makes it great value!
 
 

I've used lots more of the diecut pieces from the Bits & Pieces pack...including the gorgeous polaroid frame that's framing the photo...and also the tag to the left of the photo, which I've layered a few 2Crafty Heart Silhouettes on top.
 
 

Here's a small cluster of Green Tara & Petaloo flowers, with some more diecut pieces using the Memory Box die - Loopy Rings.  I've also added a bit of stitched stamping on the background as well.
 
 

 
 
Next up ....
 
"Our Engagement"

I've used the "You complete me" paper for the background & have mirrored the smaller doily on the right side of the page with a much larger doily shape that I cut from the "Music/Gold Foil" paper.
 
I first cut it into a circle using a dinner plate as a template, and then using the corner punch from the Swirling Lace around the page punch set, I punched around the edge to give it a doily look :)
 
 

The row of hearts is one of the diecut pieces from the Bits & Pieces pack and I've sat it up on foam tape to give it a bit of height off the page.  I've also been at it again with the Memory Box Contempo Circles Border punch that I've cut into random pieces & layered in various spots around the page.
 
 

Here I've used another of the 2Crafty word circles, that I've coloured using my Gelatos... as well as one of the centre hearts from the Heart Silhouette's.
 
 

I've clustered a few Green Tara & Petaloo flowers togther & used more alph stickers from the Expressions sticker sheet for the title.
 
 

 
There's no journaling on this page as yet....but it will be added to the back of the page.
 
 
 
Next I have a few of my Kaisercraft DT projects to share featuring the amazing
Be-YOU-tiful collection.  This collection has a mixture of both floral & earthy toned papers, and for my first project I've picked out mostly the earthy tones to create this layout....
 
"Prague"
 
I absolutely LOVE this background piece, Glamorous, that has a corrugated look to it....so no background work to cover any of it up!  I've used a variety of papers to create a few layers in under my photos & have torn, distressed & inked the edges to help give a rustic feel to the page.
 
 

A few KC blooms & Collectables diecuts to create a small cluster.
 
 

More Collectables pieces arranged in between layers at various points over the page....and I've also added some punched butterflies & diecut buckle.
 
 
 

The alpha stickers are also by Kaisercraft - Natural that I've inked to make them a bit darker.
 
 

Photos are from our trip to Prague, almost 30 years ago - yikes, that makes me feel old!
 
 
 
Next is a canvas, and I wanted to try and really show the versatility of this collection, this time using the more "prettier" papers from the collection....
 
"Faith Canvas"

First I created my background with the Bubbles template & some modelling paste...then coloured with Gelatos and a few splashes of glimmermist.
 
 

next I layered up a variety of papers & then added a cluster of blooms & Collectables diecuts...along with some diecut leaves
 
 

I also added a few punched butterflies that I've layered on top of each other & finished off with a pearl in the centre of each.
 
 
And lastly, is a fairly simple card....
 
"Chase your Dreams"
 
Lots of clean straight lines for this one...with the exception of the punched border strip.
 
 

And I've added this gorgeous tag from the Collectables pack on top & finished it off
with a ribbon tied in a bow.
 
So that is it from me for another week, until next time....happy scrapping :)
xxx
 
 
Photobucket
Products Used:
 
"Con-grad-ulations"
Dylusions - Ink Spray - Black Marble
Prima Marketing - Stamp - Stitches
Faber- Castell - Gelatos
Mont Marte - Modelling Paste
Martha Stewart - Border Punch - Swirling Lace
 
 
"Our Engagement"
Machine Stitching
Martha Stewart - Corner Punch
Faber-Castell - Gelatos
 
 
"Prague" Layout / "Faith" Canvas / "Chase your Dreams" Card
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Wow! Wow! Each and every one is an absolutely stunning creation Linda!! Love your colour choices and all the fabulous layers!! Difficult choice picking a fave because they are all so yummy but I think 'Prague' has a slight edge over the others ... for me anyway. Really love the gorgeous rich colour and that corrugated look background is awesome!! Loooveee your work!! You rock!! ox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you sooooo much for your amazing words Marg!! They are super duper appreciated....very much! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Love what you've created this month with the Simple Stories range, all stunning!! Loving the KC layouts and canvas this week too, and I've mentioned once or twice how much I LOVE the Prague layout!!

    ReplyDelete