HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, January 17, 2014

Prima "Sunrise-Sunset" & Kaisercraft "Key to my Heart" - by Linda Eggleton

Hi there everyone and welcome to the AAS blog today :)
 
I have 2 layouts to share today....
The first one is using Kaisercraft's "Key to my Heart" collection
& is based on the January challenge at Scrap Around the World....
 
"Forever Friends"
 
 

Firstly, I just have to say that the colours & patterns in this collection are just gorgeous!
 Which makes creating with them so easy & such a joy :)
 
I've used lots of small cut pieces of PP & collectables die-cuts to layer in behind the photo of myself & my DD.  Plus a few pieces of 2Crafty chipboard in there as well, and also some
 cut up pieces of an old lace doily, which adds some great texture.
 


All the flowers are Manor House Creations...and have been altered with either Gelato's
 and/or Gesso.  There's also a Flutterby flair button & some 2Crafty skeleton leaves layered in with some die-cut leaves.
 


Here is a close up of another smaller cluster...again, with the flowers being altered.
 
 

Here you can see some of the background work, using a few different templates & mediums - texture paste & glimmermists.
 
 

Here you can see where I've used a 2Crafty Vintage Oval frame that I cut in half to put
 behind my photo... top and bottom.  I gave the frame a coat of Tim Holtz distress crackle paint & then added a touch of gesso here and there.
 
 

For my title I've used the words Forever & Friends from the 2crafty ATC Card
 Word packs - Friendship, and they have been altered with a coat of gesso & then coloured with a soft pink Gelato.
 
 

And here's a bit of a side on view where you can get an idea of the layers that I've created :)
 
 
 
 
Ok, next up is using Prima Sunrise-Sunset collection....another stunning collection to work with!!
(This one would have to be my most favourite Prima paper ranges....ever!)
My layout is based on the January sketch challenge at Once Upon a Sketch
 
 
"Lessons from Dunloe Gap"
 
 
Pic is from our recent trip to Ireland...at an amazing place called Dunloe Gap.
Some more Manor House Creations flowers that I've altered with colour, plus a
few Kaisercraft blooms, Prima Vintage Mechanicals, and again, some more 2Crafty chipboard.
 
 

I cut up the 2Crafty Lavendar Shrub into smaller pieces & spread it around my cluster, altering it with gesso & acrylic paint.
 
 

Another small cluster of flowers & a button...and you can also see some stamped circles using a toilet roll & gesso...I love using simple stuff like this on my layouts :)
 
 
 

My title....and some of the background work using a Crafters Workshop template
 with modelling paste & embossing powder...plus you can see a little peek of some
 mesh tape that I've coloured with a brown Gelato to help it stand out against the background,
 plus to blend in with the colours in my photo.
 
 

Some more of the template work & cluster.
 
 

And some basic journaling....yep, on journaling strips AGAIN! lol
Plus I have a whole heap of journaling on the back of the layout as well. 
 

And an overall close up with some 2crafty filmstrip poking out either side of my photo.
 
I hope you like what you see and have been inspired :)
Thanks so much for visiting today....take care & happy scrapping!
 
Linda xx
 
 
Photobucket
 
Products used:
 
"Lessons from Dunloe Gap"
 
Prima Marketing - Sunrise-Sunset paper - Corona
Prima Marketing - Sunrise-Sunset paper - Del Sol
Prima Marketing - Sunrise-Sunset paper - White Hot
Prima Marketing - Sunrise-Sunset - Vintage Mechanicals - Washers #1 
Bazzill - Kraft cardstock
Manor House Creations - Flowers - Darling
Kaisercraft - Paper Blooms - Ruby
Kaisercraft - Paper Blooms - Terracotta
Kaisercraft - Mini Paper Blooms - Terracotta
 2Crafty - Chipboard - Lavendar Shrub
2Crafty - Chipboard - Small Filmstrip
The Crafters Workshop - Template - Tiny Circles
American Crafts - Zing Embossing Powder - Brown Sugar
Prima Marketing - Clear Stamp -
Prima Marketing - Alphabet stickers
Gyprockers Mesh Tape
Mont Marte - Modelling Paste
Mont Marte - Gesso
Faber Castell - Gelato's
Tattered Angels - Plain Jane - Simply Sheer - Burlap
Ranger - Acrylic Paint Dabber - Copper
Ranger - Distress Ink
 
 
 
"Forever Friends"
 
Kaisercraft - Key to my Heart paper - Devine
Kaisercraft - Key to my Heart paper - Flattered
Kaisercraft - Key to my Heart paper - Magnetizing
Kaisercraft - Key to my Heart - Collectables
Manor House Creations - Flowers - Darling
Manor House Creations - Imagine - Oatmeal
Manor House Creations - Glitz - Blue card pack
Manor House Creations - Petite Roses - White
Flutterby Designs - Flair Button
2Crafty - Frame - Vintage Oval
2Crafty - Skeleton Leaves
2Crafty - ATC Word pack - Friendship
Martha Stewart - Border Punch -
Prima - 12x12 Template - Circular Lattice
The Crafters Workshop - 12x12 Template - Tiny Circles
Tattered Angels Glimmermist - Wheatfields
Die-Namites Die - Bamboo Sticks
Studio Calico - Wood Veneer heart
Mont Marte - Gesso
Machine Stitching
Ranger-  Distress Ink - Walnut Stain
Ranger - Distress Crackle Paint - Weathered Wood
Lace Doily
Faber Castell - Gelatos
 
 
 
 

3 comments: