HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

"Friends", by Amanda H

Hello AAS fans!
  
I love a good red and blue colour scheme - and I find it can be hard to get papers in these colours. That's why I loved the new Carta Bella range - Flora No. 2 Collection.
 
And today I combined the lovely papers and embellishments with some simple mixed media techniques. I went for the solid colour background papers, and brought back in the florals with some stickers from the range.
  
To start I used white cardstock and mounted it onto the navy blue Magnolia Wreath paper.

Then the photo was layered on white cardstock, more of the navy blue Magnolia Wreath paper, as well as the red Garden Rose Spray paper and pale blue Blossom Bunch paper.

Before I stuck the photo down and embellished, I decided to add some mixed media.



Using the Kaisercraft stencil, I swiped White Heavy Gesso onto the page. I focused on putting this diagonally across the layout.

I also added some splatters of Colour Blast Shimmer Sprays: in Fire Engine, Just Blue and Singing the Blues.

I think this subtle mixed media adds some interest to the layout.



 



Next I add some stickers from the collection. I layered a long strip sticker, some floral bunches, word stickers and some circle stickers on the page. These sticker sheets are such great value - with many designs and shapes!


I repeated more stickers in the top right corner of the photo.

 

I could not resist buying some of the Green Tara flower packs last month, and this blue flower from the Bright blue pack was perfect in this cluster for my page.

Finally my title to finish - 2Crafty "friends" chipboard word. Inked red and a coat of dimensional magic to finish!


Thanks for looking today.... below you will find the full list of products used!
 
Amanda
 
 
 
Products used:
 
Papers:
 Carta Bella - Flora No. 2 Paper - Magnolia Wreath
Carta Bella - Flora No. 2 Paper - Garden Rose Spray
Carta Bella - Flora No. 2 Paper - Blossom Bunch
 
Mixed media:
Kaisercraft Mini Designer Template - Typography 
Colour Blast - White Heavy Gesso
Colour Blast - Colour Shimmer Spray - Just Blue
Colour Blast - Colour Shimmer Spray - Fire Engine
Colour Blast - Colour Shimmer Spray - Singin the Blues
 
Embellishments:
 Carta Bella - Flora No. 2 Sticker Sheet
Green Tara - Tea Roses Pack - Bright Blue
 2Crafty chipboard title: Friends loopy font.
Dimensional Magic
 
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment