HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Delight by Amanda H

Hello AAS fans!
 
Today is my last page to share for November.
 This page started with some classic black and white... and then I had to add my
 favourite colour combo: yellow and mint. I combined papers from 
Kaisercraft - Christmas Edition, papers and stickers from Crate Paper - Carousel
with some 2 Crafty Chipboard, all coloured with Colour Blast.
 

To start this page, I glued some 2Crafty chipboard pieces to a piece of white cardstock.
 I knew roughly where my photo would go, so I stuck the chipboard so that it would be a
 feature behind. The 2Crafty chipboard pieces I used were: Freda's Butterflies, a flourish from Leafy Shrub Set 2, and Moroccan Bits.

With all chipboard glued, I gave the whole page a good coat of Gesso.

I then unscrewed the lid to my bottle of Colour Blast - Colour Shimmer Spray in Envy (the soft mint colour) and using a paintbrush, I painted to highlight the chipboard on the background. I like the way some of the colour pooled in the recesses of the chipboard so we see different shades of the Envy colour on the background. A few splatters were made then also.

Once I had created the colours and layers on the white cardstock, I then trimmed the edges and mounted the background on the black and white starry paper Starbright from the Carousel collection.

Next came the fussing cutting. I had a couple of sheets of paper from the Kaisercraft Christmas edition, waiting for inspiration. When I saw the flowers on the reverse of the Rejoice Paper, I decided to fussy cut them. They were the perfect addition to this page. I cut three of these and tucked them at various corners of the photo. 



I mounted the photo on more of the Starbright paper, as well as some of the Uplifting paper, which brought in the first hints of yellow.

With the mint  and black and white in the background, it was easy to decide to have pops of yellow on top!

I started with the 2Crafty Chipboard Floral frame and Foliage set. I added three layers to this chipboard: 1. Yellow ink, 2. Sprayed with Colour Blast - Colour Shimmer Spray in Sunshine, and 3. Dimensional Magic.

While I had the Sunshine (yellow) Colour Shimmer Spray out, I added a few splatters to the background too.

 I had some flowers from the Prima - St. Tropez Flowers - Isla Marina set. They were a soft yellow. A few sprays of  Colour Blast - Colour Shimmer Spray in Sunshine on the flowers gave them the perfect bright yellow colour needed for this page!

Lastly, I finished the page with some banner stickers, hearts and a bow, all taken from the Puffy Stickers pack again from the Crate Paper Carousel collection.


Here is the full list of products that I used to create this page.


Products used:

Papers:

Embellishments:

2Crafty Chipboard:

Mixed Media:
Thank you for looking today!
Amanda
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment