HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

"Hello Ocean", by Amanda H

Hi everyone,
 
Another Wednesday for me to share!
 
Today I have used the new collection from Prima: St Tropez. It is definitely beach/ocean themed, but the colours and patterns are so unique, it is versatile. Today is a beach page, but watch this space, I have already started using the collection on another page on a completely different topic!
 
Here is my page, and some close ups:
 
I started with a sheet of white cardstock  and for some interest I stamped some images on the white background - I used Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Pad in Faded Jeans. I also pressed ink onto the stamp block, added water and used the watered ink to splatter on the page.

Next I chose the "Port of St Tropez" sheet of paper. I loved the wood planks and amazing colours of this paper, so used it in a strip down the page, adding machine stitching to the sides.

I mounted the photo on more white cardstock, and another paper in the range, as well as using foam tape for some more dimension.

The last thing I did with this range of Prima papers, was to cut the strip quote from the La Fontanette Paper (the quote was just too perfect for this page!) to run across the page under the photo, and punch a circle (for journaling) from the Sainte Maxime paper.
Now let's look at the clusters.... 
I love the Puffy Stickers in this collection - I used the word "ocean" for the title of the page. Combined with a sticker word from a CVS sticker sheet, I think it completed the title perfectly.

The clusters to the top and bottom of the photo combine flowers, chipboard and stickers, as well as some bits of muslin from my stash.

Flowers: I used predominately the St. Tropez Flowers - Isla Marina from the range, but I did add a few Kaisercraft Mini paper blooms in yellow for some variation.

Chipboard: I used 2Crafty Foliage Set 1. I embossed the chipboard using Colour Blast Embossing Powder in Sienna, which complimented the copper tones that are in theses Prima papers.

Stickers: I used a few stickers from the Prima Puffy Stickers in the range, but also added some Bella Bvld Puffy stars, as they were the perfect blue!

 
 I decided once the page was done, that I needed a few more splatters, so I used Colour Blast Shimmer Spray in Sunshine, and Colour Blast Shimmer Cube in Sienna, to add some final yellow and copper tones to the page.
 
 
Products used:
 
Papers:
White Cardstock
Prima - St. Tropez Paper - Port of St. Tropez
Prima - St. Tropez Paper - La Fontanette
Prima - St. Tropez Paper - Sainte Maxime
Prima - St. Tropez Paper - Plage de la Bouillabaisse 
 
2Crafty chipboard:
 Foliage Set 1
 
Embellishments:
Prima - St. Tropez Flowers - Isla Marina
Prima - St. Tropez Puffy Stickers
 CV - Love Always Accessory Stickers
Kaisercraft - Mini Paper Blooms - Buttercream
Bella Blvd - Puffy Stars - Blueberry Mix
 
Other:
 Tim Holtz - Distress Oxide Ink Pad - Faded Jeans
 Kaisercraft - Background Stamp - Fishing Net
 X-press It Foam Tape 12mm
Colour Blast Embossing Powder in Sienna 
 Colour Blast Shimmer Spray in Sunshine
Colour Blast Shimmer Cube in Sienna
 
 
Thanks for looking today!
 
 
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment