HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Monday, December 19, 2016

Christmas Cuties and Card/Tag Set by Rachel Lowe:

The week before Christmas and I am sure like me you are vey busy getting ready for the day!

Christmas is a wonderful opportunity to take photos.

I have to admit that each year prior to the actual day I buy some props and bribe my children for half an hour to take some Christmas themed shots, all in the name of scrapbooking of course!

This photo is of my daughter and our very old cat NOT happy being included in this yearly ritual!

This Christmas collection by Echo Park, I Love Christmas is gorgeous and remains traditional in its theme and colours.


I am a huge fan of wood grain background papers and this one was no exception. I splattered some gold on it with colour shine and set aside to dry.

I then inked in gold the 2Crafty chipboard title 'Christmas Cuties'.

I have cut a 5x8 inch strip of the red stripe paper and attached to the right of my wood grain paper.


I love the deer paper and cut a 3 inch strip and attached over the red stripe paper.

Here I created the tree with ornaments feature using the chipboard pieces. You will note at the top of the tree I have attached the angel brad and on the baubles smaller rhinestone brads.




I then glued my title at the bottom of my photo.

To finish off I have attached the chipboard deer with foam tape and added a small chipboard snowflake.



This is a quick layout to put together but is still very striking.

So when the Christmas rush is over and you have a little down time you could make your own Christmas Cuties layout!


As I was on a roll I made some Christmas cards and two tags with 2Crafty Chipboard being the star!

I have used the papers and chipboard from the EP I Love Christmas but to add a wow factor I have used:


To add texture to my Deer chipboard pieces I firstly painted with Bo Bunny gold dot glitter paste.
When dry I inked in gold to give it a deeper gold effect.

The tree I simply inked in gold.

I have added sewing to my cards to create extra texture.

Not time consuming to make but lovely to receive all the same!












I will be back on boxing day so I will wish you all a very safe and happy Christmas spent with your family and friends. 

Don't forget to take lots of photos!




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment