HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Monday, October 3, 2016

Today the Dream is Real layout by Rachel Lowe:

Happy Monday everyone!

Today I have my fourth and final share using the gorgeous Saturday collection by Dear Lizzy.

Each layout I have created are very different from each other which shows it's versatility.

This layout is bright and fun which totally suites my photo. This is such a typical behaviour from my son (number 3) who is a whole lot quirky!!


Firstly I chose the brightly colour/patterned papers that incorporated various colours (so my embellishments would not be limited).

I chose five different patterns/colours and then made them various width sizes ranging from 1 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch.

To add texture I then sewed on three of the strips.

I then used one of the last rubber shapes left from my kit, the lime green camera and attached over the camera pattern. 


I cut a paper piece from the red grid paper (a 4x5 inch strop so it look like a polaroid frame when photo attached). I have sewn under the photo, alternating between zig zag and straight stitching. I left some strands showing for effect.



I could not resist using the wooden clothes pin (so much love for these) and to as previous I have attached the clothes pin to the top of my photo and then added two layers of foam tape on the other three sides so it sits even on the page.




I have used some die cuts to embellish next to my photo and hand punched several tiny circles and added around the camera die cut. I added another word sentiment die cut under my photo.




I loved the chip board words from this collection and added the word today to create a part of my title.

I have sewn over the two doughnut die cuts to add more visual interest.

I lastly added the rounder rubber arrow.




I totally love these colours and patterns together and this would work for a girl themed layout also.


As you can see I have created four very different layouts with this collection and I have loved it's versatility. 





Thank you for joining me today and I hope these layouts have inspired you to get creating with Dear Lizzy.

See you next week with some new collections to show case over the following weeks.

xXx


Dear Lizzy - Saturday - decorative clothespins
Dear Lizzy Saturday - ephemera
Dear Lizzy Saturday - bright lights paper
Dear Lizzy Saturday - the city paper
Dear Lizzy Saturday - times square paper
Dear Lizzy Saturday - rubber shapes
Dear Lizzy Saturday - thickers hello multicoloured chipboard
Bazzill White Cardstock
Photobucket

1 comment: