HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Seize the Day - Simple Stories Carpe Diem by Fiona Johnstone

Hello everyone

This week I have gone back through my stash to use up some of my Simple Stories Carpe Diem papers to create my layout:

Seize the Day


I loved the black background with with the white words on the Make it Happen paper, but to tone it down a little I have used some gesso and swiped it across the background , then mounted it onto the spotty teal paper. 

I've layered up a few of the patterned papers, the bright colours really pop on the black background! To embellish this layout I have concentrated on using the embellishments in the collection - mainly the cardstock stickers, which I also used for the title. 
I also fussy cut the flower cluster from the Don't Mind me Paper and used as my main embellishment. 
Thanks for stopping by

till next time
Fiona
x
Photobucket

Simple Stories Carpe Diem paper - Teal Spot/Yellow Spot
Simple Stories Carpe Diem paper - Make it Happen
Simple Stories Carpe Diem paper - Don't Mind Me
Simple Stories Carpe Diem paper - Brand New Day
Simple Stories Carpe Diem paper - Pink Dot/Black Dot
Simple Stories Carpe Diem Fundamental Cardstock Stickers
Gesso

1 comment:

  1. Wow how stunning is this layout, LOVE the brights/florals on the black x

    ReplyDelete