HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Monday, August 1, 2016

And it soothed her soul layout by Rachel Lowe:

Hello everyone well I am back to reality returning from Italy yesterday where it was a whole lot warmer than it is here.
Today I have a summer layout for you.
I am a huge fan of photo Play and this collection Nautical Bliss is no exception.
I knew I wanted to use the banner paper as my background paper (cutting it down you would lose it's visual effect of floating flags) but I also knew I had to be careful not to lose my photo.
I chose the light blue paper with tiny red stars as my mat to go behind my photo and knew this was a good contrast against the banner paper.
Before I attached anything on the banners page I sewed along every banner on the page which gives the illusion that the flags are attached to a 'real' string/cord.
I then sewed around my photo mat but did so in a messy fashion.
I chose the journal card which suited my photo and create my theme, I also sewed around this.
To assist in breaking up the banner paper around my photo I layered the pink scallop border sticker under my photo.
It was then about layering stickers, I love Julie Nutting's dolls/girls and on this layout I managed to incorporate two beach babes!
I then layered lots of the flower stickers, foam taping the top ones to create a 3D effect.
 I also foam taped some small photos along the flag banner again to break up the 'busy' paper.
For a beach themed layout it is still pretty and soft.
Thank you for stopping by today and although summer seems far away here in Australia this collection is a 'must have' for summer photos.
See you next week.
X
Photo Play - nautical bliss element sticker sheet
Photo Play - nautical bliss paper banners
Photo Play nautical bliss paper pink dolls
Photo Play nautical bliss paper cards
Photobucket

1 comment: