HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Monday, July 4, 2016

You're Such a Deer layout by Rachel Lowe:

Hello everyone and a happy Monday to you.
 
Another share using Jillibean Mushroom Medley. Have I mention how cute this collection is!
 Initially it can be daunting when you have many patterned or 'busy' papers, and wondering
 how to put them together! 
 
Here is how I did it.
I just love the green wood grain paper and this time I cut it down to be a feature of my layout. As mentioned previously don't be afraid to use a 'busy' background paper as I have done here just ensure you have a stark contrast to mat your photo on so it does not get lost and use pops of bright colours as I have done on this layout.
 
I have also sewn a border around the edge of my background paper to give some definition. Again I have sewn around the green wood grain paper piece to add more texture.
I loved the journal block 'You're Such a Deer' and created my layout theme from this. I then chose from the die cut sheet what elements I wanted to use in keeping with the theme.
The bright colours of green, teal and red contrast beautifully against the brown. 




 I have foam taped most of the die cuts to add more depth to the layout.



 I have created an embellishment cluster around the journal block to draw your eye to the photo.




Keeping your embellishments in a diagonal manner also ensures your eye is drawn to the photo which is important when using a 'busy' or patterned background paper.




Don't be afraid to use patterned papers as your background as all it is, is a matter of contrast.

Thank you for stopping by for a look today.
X





Photobucket

1 comment: