HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Crate Paper Shine - Life is Good by Fiona Johnstone

Hello everyone

Today I am sharing a layout created using Crate Papers Shine collection. I created a few pages with this collection a few months back but still had some paper left over and when I had this photo to scrap I decided the colours in this collection were perfect!

Life is Good



I wanted to focus primarily on the blue and grey in this photo, adding some pops of yellow, a hint of pink and black highlights. Firstly I created my background with some watered down Distress Spray Stain ink in blue, then some splatters of Distress Spray Stain in yellow. Finally I added some random stamping using Kaisercraft texture stampes. I also used my yellow Distress Spray Stain to colour my gauze. 

I then layered up some patterned papers that complimented my main colour scheme, adding a touch of pink to soften the page. The 2Crafty Chipboard square collage was inked and then I cut it into sections to layer underneath my patterned papers. I added the gauze between the paper and chipboard creating another layer. 



I completed the layout with an assortment of embellishments, layering both under the paper layers and over. I finished with an old piece of printed chipboard that I used for my title. 

Thanks for visiting
till next week
Fiona
x

Photobucket
Products Used:
Crate Paper Shine paper - Lucky
Crate Paper Shine paper - Darling
Crate Paper Shine paper - Dearest
Crate Paper Shine paper - Cherish
Crate Paper Shine Wood Veneer Shapes
2Crafty Chipboard Square Collage Panel
Crate Paper Open Book Ephemera 
Jillibean Soup Wooden Nickels
Flutterby Designs Flair 
Tim Holtz Distress Spray - Salty Ocean  
Tim Holtz Distress Spray - Lemonade
Kaisercraft Tiny Dot Texture Stamp
Kaisercraft Triangles Texture Stamp
Simple Stories Life is Good Chipboard
Gauze

1 comment:

  1. I love the geometrics in this - and the balance of the strong masculine lines with a splash of Pink. Well done Fiona!

    ReplyDelete