HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Simple Stories You are Here - Life is Wonderful by Fiona Johnstone

Hello everyone

This month I am playing with some of the gorgeous new Simple Stories collections. Love them all and couldn't decide which to get so bought them all!

First up I am sharing a layout using the travel themed You are Here collection. Very tropical but certainly not limited to travel photos! In my layout Life is Wonderful I have used an everyday photo of my son, but as the light was reflecting so nicely on his face I thought the tropical themed paper would suit the photo perfectly. 


I adored the wood grain background paper, however the bottom of the page has lots of travel stamps and tags along it, so I have cut off that section and turned the paper upside down .I have then used the floral paper on the reverse side and run that along the top of my page, before adding a some torn chevron pattern and a strip of contrasting orange. 

Next I have layered up some papers behind my 5x7 photo and used a variety of embellishments from the You are Here collection and my favourite coloured yellow flowers, love how tropical these look and they have a hessian texture so not too soft & girly. 
 

My title Life is Wonderful is from 2Crafty, inked in blue to match the papers and I have added some orange mini market stickers to compliment the blue. 



Thanks for stopping by
till next week

Fiona
x


Photobucket
Simple Stories You are Here paper - Itinerary
Simple Stories You are Here paper - Happy Place
Simple Stories You are Here paper - Here We Go
Simple Stories You are Here paper - Boarding Pass
Simple Stories You are Here paper - Paradise
Simple Stories You are Here Wood Veneer Shapes
Simple Stories You are Here Self Adhesive Brads
Simple Stories You are Here Enamel Dots
2Crafty Chipboard title - Life is Wonderful
October Afternoon Mini Market Stickers - Orange and Cream
Petaloo Burlap Flowers
Green Tara Skeleton leaves

2 comments: