HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Simple Stories Life in Colour - Today & Everyday by Fiona Johnstone

Hello everyone

Hope you all had an enjoyable Easter long weekend and got some scrapping time in there! 
Today I am sharing a layout created with another recent addition to the Simple Stories range, Life in Colour. Oh this could be my favourite of the new releases, it is just GORGEOUS! Brights teamed up with black to really make things pop!

Today & Everyday




This is a recent photo of my daughter, taken for no special reason, just how she is everyday, usually happy and smiley! A beautiful close up deserves to be big, so I have printed this in 5x7 with a white border to frame the black and white image. 

With so many gorgeous colours to choose in this range, I decided to go with some dramatic red on black and the add in the softer teal and some patterns. 

The gorgeous embellishments in the bits and pieces die-cuts from this collection include some with shiny silver highlights which are just divine. 




I decided to make my title pop on the page by using a bright yellow, which is accented in the patterned papers. To get this gorgeous bright yellow I have painted my 2Crafty Chipboard title with Dylusions Paint, it gives such great bold coverage. 



I've kept this page very clean and finished off with some simple embellishments of Cocoa Vanilla Flowers and a Simple Stories adhesive brad. 

Thanks for stopping by
Fiona
x


Photobucket


Simple Stories Life in Color paper - Here & Now
Simple Stories Life in Color paper - Love this Life
Simple Stories Life in Color paper - Happy Little Moments
Simple Stories I Am paper - Strong
2Crafty Title - Today & Everyday
Simple Stories Life in Color DieCut Ephemera
Simple Stories Life in Color Self Adhesive Brads
Cocoa Vanilla Tis the Season Blooms
Doily
Dylusions Paint - Lemon Zest

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous photo! And those colours really pop on the dark background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photo and colour choice is just stunning, lovely layout Fiona x

    ReplyDelete