HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Monday, March 14, 2016

Basic Grey - You Are Loved layout and cards/gift set by Rachel Lowe:


I was very sad to hear Basic Grey will be no more. I have always loved their collections.

This has to be one of my favourite photos of my youngest boy and his mama!

I have used a mixture of Dear Heart and Typeset collections to create this layout and
 some cards, gift tags and pillow boxes.

I went totally vintage with this layout. I loved the hues of green and oranges.
I used some vellum to soften the layers under my photo.

I fussy cut bird on a branch from the Dear Heart, Dearest paper and then used dimensional
 magic on the leaves, flower bunch and branch to give it a 3D effect. I also fussy cut 
a butterfly and used dimensional magic again.

I used a 1/2 inch round punch on the Letterpress paper to create my title.

I have sewn on this layout in keeping with a vintage feel.

I loved the 2Crafty loopy border which I inked in gold.

I used Lame Colour Shine to splash on the background paper.







I enjoy making 'pretty stuff' (thanks Heidi Swapp!!) and so I made a trio of cards. For extra details I have sewn on the cards and made my flowers 3D. I have added a 2Crafty word border (love) for extra texture and impact (I inked in black).

 Pillow boxes are great for gift packages. I have used Papermania bare basic wooden shape as a tag. I have used a flair and some element stickers to add a sentiment. 

These papers go brilliantly with Kraft and keeps a vintage/shabby feel.


Here are some close up photos.















Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you find some scrapping time this week.
X




Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Terrific layouts and cards etc. so pretty. I will miss basic grey too!

    ReplyDelete