HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, January 8, 2016

Saying Goodbye
by Tammy Klingner

 
Good morning everyone!
 
Today I'm sharing a layout I recently created in honour of the beautiful relationship
 between my daughter and one of our precious fur-babies. 
 
Sadly, just before Christmas we had to say goodbye to our beautiful Slinko.
 
He was an amazing cat (secretly I've always thought of him as human).
He'd been through so much with us. We rescued him as a kitten over 11 years ago. 
My daughter received him for her third birthday and they had been pretty much inseperable since.
They had a bond like no other. 
He truly loved us all so completely, but he had just a teeny bit more love for his
special human. 
And she, well she adored him.
He was her best friend in the whole world.
 
This page is about the struggle to say goodbye.
About their love.
 
 
To create the background for this layout, I tried a new technique.
I absolutely loved it and am really happy with the results.
 
I took some old packaging - just the regular packaging that is around all our yummy goodies
 from All About Scrapbooks.  I spritzed a little Dylusions Ink Spray straight onto the packaging.  Then spritzed this with some water to help it spread.  I then splodged this onto the background
 paper.
I love that I had more control over where the spritz was ending up (sometimes I get it totally
 where I don't want it!)  I also felt like the depth of the colour was better, perhaps stronger. 
 Plus it has a more 'natural watercolour' look.
Win, win all round.  I"ll definitely be using it again.
 
Just a reminder that I applied clear gesso to my page first - this gives the spritzes a barrier
 to sit upon.  I do this to most of my pages as paper is so absorbent.
  Applying the gesso creates resist.
 

I added in some die cuts from Basic Grey B Side (love these) and some 2 Crafty Chipboard.  I wanted them all to touch each other and look 'connected', rather than floating about on their own.

This page was an emotional one to create - but I really love how scrapping gives us that down-time to process our emotions, and reflect upon and re-enforce our memories.
Such wonderful therapy.

See you next week.
Tam
xx
 
Products used:
Basic Grey B Side Well Yes Paper
Basic Grey B Side Fold Over Photo Frames
Basic Grey B Side Die Cut Pieces
Dylusions Polished Jade Ink Spray
Dylusions Fresh Lime Ink Spray

2 Crafty Handdrawn Heart Frame Chipboard
2 Crafty Heart Clumps Chipboard
Bella Boulevard Just Add Color Little Bits - Bell Pepper Stickers
Bella Boulevard Just Add Color Little Bits - Gulf Stickers
Cocoa Vanilla Hello Lovely Die Cuts
Pink Paislee Memorandum Labels Paper
White Gesso
Clear Gesso
 
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Love everything about this layout, the colours, the chipboard accents and design, very eye catching Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous colours, gorgeous page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad theme, but lovely to record it and have that beautiful memory. Love all the hearts, perfect for theme.

    ReplyDelete