HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, September 25, 2015

My last layout using Simple Stories Summer Vibes - by Linda Eggleton

Hello everyone & welcome to the blog today.

Today I am sharing my last layout using the FUN 

But not only is it my last layout using this collection, it is also my last page as a designer for 
All About Scrapbooks :(  as I've made the very difficult decision to step down 
from my position on the team.


Before I get onto the details of the layout, I'd like to say a few words :)
I have been on the AAS team since its inception in Dec 2013, and have to say that I have loved every minute of it & every collection that I have been lucky enough to create with.  Vanessa is the best, and most easy going store owner to work for….she is SUPER generous, very easy going & such a pleasure to work with.  This truly has been the best DT I have ever been on.

I’d like to thank you, Vanessa, from the bottom of my heart, for all that you’ve done for me over the past couple of years – including my time on the 2Crafty DT.   I know I have disappointed you in my decision to step down, for which I am truly sorry, but I’m sure the 2 new DT members will do a fantastic job in creating for you & helping AAS to continually grow.  I’d also like to thank Fiona for being a great design team buddy - always supportive of my work and we just worked together so well…..and most of all, I’d like to thank you both for the lovely friendship that we now share.

I will be taking an extended break from all scrapbooking for the next little while (not sure how long that might be), as I have had a HUGE couple of years with various scrapbooking commitments, and am feeling very weary, tired & worn out.  I hope that after having a break away from it all, that I will be feeling refreshed & wanting to return to this craft that was once a big part of my life, so you may see me back around the traps at some point in the future - all going well.

xxx


Ok, time to get on with my last share....
  

"Riding Along"

I have created something very different to my normal style for this layout...I've gone for a bit of a pocket page style, without the actual pockets.  I wanted to make use of as many of the fabulous element pieces from the different sized element papers, and the pocket page idea is what sprung to mind.
I've also included some of the chipboard frames as well & have created a border around the outside of the page using the Pop Fizz & Brown Wood/Grid papers



Here are a few close ups......

I have also added some of the Diecut pieces with foam tape for a bit of dimension - both the cute little bike on the left & the sunglasses & tiny flower on the right.....along with some of the Expression stickers & Self Adhesive Bradz.



I've inked the edges of all the "pocket" pieces with black ink.



I have backed the 2 small square chipboard frames with some plain coloured paper - from the reverse side of the "Hello" paper & then added some of the Photo stickers to the centre of them.



I've used a variety of sizes in the Element pieces, 
including these small 2x2 pieces - Blue Skies & So Sunny



I used one of the larger frames to frame one of the photos.



And although this very cute Kombi Van piece has nothing to do with me & my vintage bike....I loved it & it just had to be used...lol  :D
Thanks so much for dropping by today...I do hope you have been inspired.
Thanks again to Vanessa for having me over the last couple of years....and wishing the new team members all the best on their journey with AAS :)
xx
Photobucket
Products used:
Petaloo - Darjeeling  Butterfly
Foam Tape

1 comment:

  1. I hope you get the rest you clearly deserve. Your work is lovely and I an sure you'll be back scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete