HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, August 21, 2015

Cocoa Vanilla Studio "Made of Awesome" & Kaisercraft "Time Machine" - By Linda Eggleton

Hello everyone & welcome to another Friday post.

I am still playing with the amazing "Made of Awesome" collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studios, and have my 3rd layout with this collection to share.  This time I've used some older photos ......


"Front Yard Cricket"
My layout is based on Stuck Sketches mid month sketch.

I have used the grey side of the Directions paper for the background...which as this really cool, subtle pattern all over it.  I've also used a small piece of the orange side of the Lucky Star paper at the top of the page.



Here I've clustered up a few embellishments - Pieces from the Ephemera pack, tickets, stickers, vellum stars & one of the fab flairs.



The little skull & crossbone piece was cut from the Mixed Up paper, and you can also see one of the tickets that I've cut in half lengthways poking out from under one of the 
border pieces in the Ephemera pack.



I've used another of the 2Crafty smiley faces...they are so cute!
I have coated it in gesso & then painted it with Kaisercraft Orange MIST.
There's also some more Ephemera pieces here across the top of the paper layers...and the other half of the ticket mentioned earlier :)



Photos are my brother & cousin from around 1970/71 playing cricket in the front yard....a great find recently going through my mums old photos.



The title is using the Made of Awesome alpha stickers.



Next I have a layout using another amazing collection - Kaisercraft's Time Machine.
This collection is just WOW...so many fantastic patterns & colours which are well suited to vintage style pages.....


"Time is a Great Storyteller"

I have used the reverse side of both the Steam Engine & Gadget papers for the background...joining them with one of the border stickers from the sticker sheet & the 
cut off strip from the bottom of the Gadget paper.  The photo has been layered up on a 2 pieces of both sides of the Coggler paper....with the edges being inked & distressed.



I've used a variety of flowers & collectables pieces for my cluster, as well as some 
2Crafty gears & Flutterby flair.



The flourish scroll is Maggie's Swirls & has been inked straight onto the raw chipboard.
I've added a few small Petaloo blooms on & around the swirl.



The larger rectangle piece is a lovely verse from the Collectables pack & the smaller pieces are from the sticker sheet.



I've added quite a few of the clock & cog collectables pieces around my photo area...cutting the ones that are only partially showing in half & using elsewhere on the page.

The 2Crafty gear has been inked with distress ink, and there's a small flower cluster 
of Green Tara & Petaloo blooms.



Another of the 2Crafty Gears with a Kaisercraft Mini paper bloom on top....and some more beautiful pieces from the Collectables pack.



Here's a close up of the main area of the page.
I've used one of the Collectables pieces, "Time is a Great Storyteller" as my title.



The photo is of my Granny & her first 3 children - taken in 1931 <3


Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by & see my work...I do hope you have been inspired by both of these wonderful collections :) xx

Photobucket
Products used
"Front Yard Cricket"
Gesso

No comments:

Post a Comment