HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, June 12, 2015

Basic Grey Tea Garden & Kaisercraft Secret Garden - By Linda Eggleton

Good morning scrappers

Today I am back to share another layout using Basic Grey - Tea Garden collection.
This collection has quite a mix of colours & patterns....some of which are quite bold.  If you're not into using such bold colours/patterns, you will find that the reverse side of the paper is usually quite different & perhaps more to your liking....so don't let papers like this scare you off using them!

I also have my Kaisercraft DT work with another very pretty collection, Secret Garden, which is at the end of the post.


"Missing You"

I have used the reverse side of the Rose Hip paper - I love the soft yellow in this paper & the patterns are gorgeous too.  I have left the background as is, firstly because I like it as is, and secondly, time was short this week! lol

I have cut my patterned papers into varying sizes & layered up behind the photo & have included a 2Crafty Polaroid Frame in amongst the layers...I cut the frame into 2 pieces & have placed them at different sides & directions on the page.  There's also some element stickers & 
a paper doily in the mix as well.



I've used Green Tara & Petaloo flowers in my cluster, with one of the gorgeous Petaloo Darjeerling white paper butterflies, and a MME wooden button from my stash.



I also added another smaller cluster at the opposite corner of the photo....and have included a little bird that I fussy cut from the reverse side of the Chai paper {there's also lots of gorgeous roses on this paper that would be great for cutting out & using to embellish}.



Here's a close up of one of the pieces of the 2Crafty Polaroid frame that I've coated in gesso & then coloured with Gelatos.....plus there's a few element & alpha stickers for the title.



Some more 2Crafty - I love these beautiful flying birds!
These have been coloured the same way & have some Kaisercraft Rhinestones added for their eyes.  You can also see the 2nd half of the Polaroid frame at the top of the paper layers that I've also coloured with a different coloured Gelato.



The thin strips running across the centre of the page were cut from the English Breakfast paper.
The pic is of my Granny in Ireland <3 & I will be adding more journaling to the back of the page.



Next I have my Kaisercraft DT work using the first new release collection for June - Secret Garden.
Again, this is another pretty one!


"Florist on Grafton"

I've used the reverse side of the Wildflower paper for my background...which has a soft pretty pink text all over it <3.



I've layered a few papers that I cut into banner shapes in under the photo & then created a little cluster using paper blooms & collectables pieces.



And also added a few of the stickers from the sticker sheet.



More diecut collectables pieces...up on some foam tape, and one of the border stickers from the sticker sheet across the top of the torn pieces of PP.



The pink & white alpha stickers are Kaisercraft...with some more collectables & strip journaling.



I've also splashed a bit of Lime Green KaiserMIST randomly on the page :)

The pic was taken on Dublin's most famous street for shopping - Grafton Street (which is actually more of a pedestrian mall...although does have vehicle access for deliveries etc).  This little florist stall was so bright & colourful & really gave the area a major lift.


Kaisercraft products – Wildflower P1846, Posy P1847, Forget-Me-Not P1851, Paper Pad PP970,  Collectables CT828, Sticker Sheet SS283, Coconut paper bloom F627, Fairy Floss mini paper bloom F657, Iceberg mini paper bloom F647, Coral alpha stickers AS256, White alpha stickers AS252, Lime Green KaiserMIST KM104,  
Other – Border punch, Alpha stickers

Next is a card....
And it's a little different to my normally plain cards!
This one I have used one of the new Kaisercraft Card Creations Dies - Circle Card Flip!


"Make a Wish"

So as you can see, it's not a normal flat card.  Just by using the Circle Card Flip die....your card transforms into more of a 3D pop up card!


This is the die set -

Which consists of 3 pieces - a full circle, half circle & a smaller half circle.
By using the smaller half circle on what would normally be the inside/back of your card, it creates a little round tab that the front cover of the card can slot into to stand/display your pop-up card.
And the larger half circle, I've used on the front folded edge of the card to create a half circle that pops up from the rest of the card.  I then added a circular collectables piece to it, rather than using the full circle die....hope that all makes sense!



I've added a small cluster of paper blooms & punched leaves.
This pic is with the card closed.



And also some punched butterflies.




Kaisercraft products – Posy P1847,  Paper Pad PP970,  Collectables CT828,  Sticker Sheet SS283,  Circle Card Flip Die DD111,  Iceberg paper bloom F630,  Fiary Floss mini paper blooms F652, White premium cardstock CD601, Ice Blue rhinestone SB774
Other –  Butterfly & Leaf punches, foam tape.

Thank you so much for taking the time to get through to the bottom of this post!
I do hope you have enjoyed your visit & I also hope you have been inspired :)

Until next time....Happy Scrapping!  xx


Photobucket
Products used:

Basic Grey - Tea Garden - Rose Hip paper
Basic Grey - Tea Garden - English Breakfast paper
Basic Grey - Tea Garden - Journal Cards paper
Basic Grey - Tea Garden - Camomile paper
Basic Grey - Tea Garden - Earl Grey paper
Basic Grey - Tea Garden - Elements sticker sheet
Basic Grey - Tea Garden - Alphabet sticker sheet
2Crafty Chipboard -  Polaroid Frame
2Crafty Chipboard - Flying Birds
Green Tara - Gardenia - Pale Pink
Green Tara - Apple Blossom - Ivory
Green Tara - Cherry Blossom - Pale Pink
Petaloo - Darjeeling Mini Blossoms - Aqua
Petaloo - Darjeeling Wild Butterfly - White
Kaisercraft - Rhinestones - Aqua
Basic Grey - Brads
My Minds Eye - Wood & Chip Buttons
Faber-Castell - Gelatos
Paper Doily
Gesso

No comments:

Post a Comment