HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, June 26, 2015

Basic Grey Tea Garden & Kaisercraft Into The Wild - by Linda Eggleton


Good morning everyone & welcome to the last Friday of June....eeek!

I have one more layout to share with you all, again using the fabulous 

This time I've used a photo that is kind of Christmas themed.....


"Jump"

I have used the plain pink side of the Jasmine paper for the background, and have started off by adding a small amount of textured stencil work using the Crafter's Workshop 12x12 Tiny Circles template with some modelling paste.  I then chose a variety of leftover pieces to layer up behind the photo.

The photo is one that my kids took of themselves....they did a little photo shoot & gave the photos as a gift last Christmas, and not sure if you can see properly, but they are wearing cute Christmas hats :)  This one is of my son & his g/f jumping for joy, I guess....in anticipation of Santa coming! lol

The lemon coloured circles on the background were cut from the Spiced paper...which is covered in these large spots on one side.  I then used a few different coins - 20c, 10c & 5c, to trace & cut out the centre of some of the circles - making sure they weren't all perfectly centre.  I have distressed & inked all the edges & also used the smaller pieces that were cut from the centre of some of the circles, just to vary the sizes & give it a more balanced look.



At the top right of the photo I've added a small cluster of Green Tara flowers, Flutterby Flair, sticker from the Element sticker sheet & some punched leaves & butterflies.



Here is a close up of the stencil work & the cut circles.



I have used a few pieces of 2Crafty chipboard - some of the Chevron Bits that I've coloured red with my Gelatos...straight onto the raw chipboard, and also one of the Polaroid Frames that is sitting over the photo.  I then used the ringed circle piece from the Element sticker sheet over the top of the Polaroid Frame & have put some small pieces of foam tape underneath, adding more height to the layered area of the photo.  I love the effect this gives of double framing the photo, which really draws the focus to the photo.....and also ties in with the rest of the cut circles.



The title is using the lemon circle alphas from the Alpha sticker sheet, and I have mounted them onto circles cut from the English Breakfast paper with 
foam tape for more height again.



Here is a close up of the main area of the page.
I have added my journaling around the edges on 3 sides of the page.

A list of products with links to the AAS store is at the bottom of this post :)




Next I have my very last layout as DT member for Kaisercraft, using the super cool


"Explore the Zoo"

It was REALLY hard to choose a background paper for my one & only layout.
I tend to use my fav's for my background....and there were just too many fav's with this one! lol
I finally decided on Savannah & have layered up a few papers at the top of the layout, including as piece cut from the specialy diecut paper - Desert...this is such a COOL diecut paper!!



I've used a variety of diecut collectable pieces....and also some 
stamped images using the stamp set.



Also some stickers from the sticker sheet.



More collectables...and a bit of a close up of the Desert diecut paper.




My title is one of the diecut words from the collectables pack, and I've added some texture to it using modelling paste & then painting with mist.






I've also used one of the other stamps in this collection - Cheetah texture stamp....perfect for some background stamping!

There is also another texture stamp with this collection - Zebra!



And some more of the stamping detail.
A lot of the collectables & stamped images I have put up onto foam tape to give 
some dimension to the page.


Kaisercraft products – Savannah P1863,  Anamalia P1868,  Giraffe P1867,  Desert – Specialty Diecut PS414,  Collectables CT830,  Sticker Sheet SS285,  Paper Pad PP972,  Into the Wild clear stamp set CS220,  Cheetah texture stamp CS222
Other – Modelling paste, Glimmermist,  Distress Ink,  Foam tape

Thanks so much for visiting today & I hope you have been inspired by both of these great collections!  Until next time..... xx


Photobucket

Jump layout

Martha Stewart - Frond Punch
EK Success - Butterfly Punch
Creative Memories - Butterfly Punch
Faber-Castell - Gelatos
Mont Marte - Modelling Paste
Foam Tape


Zoo layout

No comments:

Post a Comment