HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, May 29, 2015

One last play with Echo Park's Jack & Jill Boy - By Linda Eggleton

Good morning all & welcome to the blog today.

I am back to share one last layout using the boy side of Echo Park - Jack & Jill.
I have thoroughly enjoyed creating with this collection....and have.not.used.one.single.flower.all.month!
Which is something that I didn't think was possible, as I do tend to use a lot of flowers!


"My Dad"


I've gone for a kraft background for this page....firstly because I had no full sized PP's left, plus I think it goes well with the colours of this collection :)

And adding to the kraft colour scheme, I've also used a brown lunch bag in behind the photo...which also serves as a pocket for storing a journal card....double win :)



I've used another of the 2Crafty mini hot air balloons & have coloured it using my Gelatos...no gesso underneath, just the Gelato's directly on to the chipboard, which then leaves more detail of the cuts in the chipboard.



The paper bag I folded to the size that suited the page/photo & then just taped the folded bits to the back of the bag.  I then added a piece of Jillibean Soup lattice placemat to the top of the bag.

The 2 circle pieces were cut from 2 different  pieces of the Travel & Explore papers.



I made the title from the cute little banner stickers on the Alpha sticker sheet & added some twine above.  I mounted each of the "My Dad" banner stickers onto pieces of the 
orange side of the Pool paper.



I created another banner at the top of the page, using a tag from the Decorative Brads (without the brad), a banner sticker from the Alpha sticker sheet & some hand cut banners from different PP's, one with a camera image cut from the Camera paper.  The paper beside the banner that resembles paper torn from a spiral notebook, was cut from the airplane piece on the Travel paper.

I've also added some torn strips of the ruler decorative tape at the top & bottom of the photo area.



The piece popping out from the side of the bag is my journal card.



With the paper bag being folded to a smaller size, it really adds a fair bit of height to the page, which I love!  Here's a shot to give you an idea.



And here's the journal card pulled out from the bag....it is a post card from the ephemera pack, and I have more journaling that I plan to add to it.


That is it for yet another month!
I will be back in June with a new collection to play with :)))

Until then, happy scrapping.  
Linda xx
Photobucket
Products Used:
Echo Park - Jack & Jill Boy - Ephemera pack
Jillibean Soup - Placemat - White Lattice
Faber-Castell - Gelatos
Twine
Paper Bag

No comments:

Post a Comment