HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, May 1, 2015

Echo Park Jack & Jill & Kaisercraft Oh So Lovely - By Linda Eggleton

Good morning everyone & welcome to May!  
Eeeek, this year seems to be flying by at an incredible pace....soon it will be you.know.what!

This month I will be creating with the fabulous boy side of Jack & Jill from Echo Park.
This collection would suit any kind of masculine page....whether they be little boys or big boys, it has a great range of papers/patterns & embellishments to suit both.  I am really looking forward to playing with it over the coming weeks :)

So here is my first layout for the month....


"Summer of 63"

I have used the reverse side of the Camera paper for my background & once I worked out the placement of my photo & paper layers, I then added some random stamping using Kaisercraft stamps & my Big Brush Pens -  The KC stamps are Tiny Dots & Numbers.  I then splashed around a few different coordinating colours of mists/spray stains

I was lucky enough to get 2 of these papers, as I also wanted to be able to use the front side with all those fabulous cameras on them. They are perfect for cutting out to use as embellishments.  I always try to get 2 of a particular paper when I really like both sides - especially if it is suitable to use as a background piece!



There are so many fabulous embellishments that come with this collection....here I've used pieces from the Ephemera pack, decorative brads, stickers & the ruler decorative tape...which I love!
There is also one of the cameras that I've cut out from the Camera paper in amongst my small cluster.



The little banners are a mixture from both the Ephemera pack & sticker sheet.



How gorgeous is the big square sticker with the saying about wanting to be like Dad when I grow up!!
I normally would struggle with a sticker this size, but it seemed to fit just perfectly there on my page!
I have coloured the 2Crafty mini hot air balloon with my Big Brush Pens after giving a coat of gesso first.  I love that these pens allow you to colour things without losing the detail of the chipboard!

At the top left is another of the cameras cut out from the Camera paper....there is a great variety of different styled & coloured cameras on this piece.....you can be sure to see lots of 
them over the coming weeks :)



Again I've coloured the 2Crafty fast forward arrows with a grey big brush pen....and I've backed each of the pieces with some of the orange PP to help them stand out more on the page.

The white grid piece behind the photo is actually the packaging cardboard 
that comes in the Ephemera pack :)



Here's a bit of a close up of the stamping on the background.



After I had finished the page, I wasn't quite happy with the look of it, so I decided to add some strips of the Ruler decorative tape extending out from the sides of the paper layers....which I think finished it all off nicely :)




Next I have some of my Kaisercraft DT work with the very pretty 

This is a super pretty collection....just gorgeous in colour, patterns & all the bits & bobs that come with in the Collectables pack, sticker sheet etc etc.


"Precious Moments"

I couldn't go past using the gorgeous pink & white spotted Femme paper 
as my main background piece.



And how adorable is this cute little diecut birdcage from the Collectables pack?!?
I've used it as the main piece for my cluster, with some added blooms, diecut leaves using the Berry Vine Decorative Die & some more Collectables & Sticker pieces.



I added some random stamping on the background using one of the stamps from the Oh So Lovely clear stamp set....and here you can also see more collectables & sticker pieces layered in with the papers.  I have also used a few of the 6x4 Pretty Little Things 
Captured Moments cards under the photo.



Another small cluster of blooms, Collectaables pieces & diecut Berry Vine leaves.
AND how totally gorgeous is that printed map paper at the top of the page?!?  It is on the reverse side of the Lass paper - Love it!



I have added a strip of KC white lace in between my paper layers for a bit of added texture & I've also used one of the cut off strips - the deep pink ruler piece for a 
little bit of added contrast & interest.

The cute little dragon flies are from the Collectables pack & I've popped them up on some foam tape to give them a bit of height off the page.




Kaisercraft Products:  Oh So Lovely – Femme P1790, chic P1793, Ladylike P1788, Lass P1795, Paper Pad PP965, Captured Moments 4×6 cards – Pretty Little Things CM327, Collectables CT823, Sticker Sheet SS278, Clear Stamp Set CS211, Berry Vine decorative die DD522, White Lace EM926, Fairy Floss paper blooms F640, Hot Pink paper blooms F663, Sage paper blooms F632

Other: Flowers, Tag, Border Punch, Brown Big Brush Pen, Twine


Next is a card....

Using lots of yummy pretty things from this beautiful collection.
The birdcage this time is one of the stamps that comes with the Oh So Lovely clear stamp set - this is one of those must have type stamps!  



A few different blooms & Collectables diecuts, as well as the diecut pieces from the paper pad, and stickers from the sticker sheet.



Again I've used a few of the Pretty Little Things Captured Moments cards to create my layers .

Kaisercraft Products:  Oh So Lovely – Lass P1795, Chic P1793, Collectables CT823, Sticker Sheet SS279, Paper Pad PP965, Clear Stamp Set CS211, Captured Moments 4×6 cards – Pretty Little Things CM327, Fairy Floss paper blooms F640, Sage mini paper blooms F649, Hot Pink mini paper blooms F668,  Berry Vine Decorative Die DD522,  Foam Tape T303

Other: Flower, Border Punch, Cardstock, Archival Ink
That is all from me for another week :)
I do hope you have been inspired by both of these collections....one for the boys & one for the girls!
The Jack & Jill collection is available in store HERE
There is also a list of products used with links at the bottom of this post.
And the Kaisercraft Oh So Lovely is available HERE
Thanks so much for stopping by to see my work :) xx
Photobucket
Products used - "Summer of 63" layout
Echo Park - Jack & Jill Boy - Camera paper
Echo Park - Jack & Jill Boy - Pool paper
Echo Park - Jack & Jill Boy - Plaid paper
Echo Park - Jack & Jill Boy - Adventure paper
Echo Park - Jack & Jill Boy - Alpha stickers
Echo Park - Jack & Jill Boy - Ephemera die cuts
Echo Park - Jack & Jill Boy - Ruler decorative tape
Echo Park - Jack & Jill Boy - Decorative brads
2Crafty Chipboard - Mini hot air balloons
2Crafty Chipboard - Fast forward arrows
Flutterby Designs - Flair Button
Kaisercraft Texture stamp - Tiny Dots
Kaisercraft Texture stamp - Numbers
KaiserMIST - Orange
Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stain - Weathered Wood
Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stain - Tumbled Glass
Faber-Castell - Big Brush Pens

No comments:

Post a Comment