HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, November 14, 2014

FP True Friend & Kaisercraft Rustic Harmony - By Linda Eggleton

Hello All & happy Friday....Yay, the weekend is almost here :)))
 
I am back to share another layout using the fun "True Friend" collection by Fancy Pants.
The colours in this one are gorgeous....with predominantly mint green & a soft orange, with some grey/black & yellow as well.
 
My layout is based on the 1st Nov Stuck sketch
 
"Little Miss Cheeky"
 
I've used the gorgeous mint corrugated cardstock as my background which adds such fabulous texture to the page.  I've then splashed a few mists around so that the background colour wasn't too plain.
 
 

There's those big orange alpha stickers again....perfect for adding some punch to a title!
I've also used some of the tiny alpha stickers on the sticker fundamentals sheet.
The cute little owl flair is from the flair embellishment set and I've grouped it with a few Petaloo flowers to form a cluster...with a couple of 2Crafty pieces as well - Sharon's Butterfly that I've covered in gesso & a Geotag coloured black with gelatos.
 
 

I used a dinner plate to trace & cut out the yellow circle behind the photos, and another 2Crafty Geotag & Sharon's butterfly - this time coloured with gelatos.   I've added a strip of punched border paper along the bottom of the photos to help tie in with the sketch
 
 

I made a couple of cute little tags to tie in with the sketch.
Using an old shipping tag as a template and then added some reinforcement stickers
 
 

I added some strip journaling about my cute little great niece being a bit cheeky with discovering her tongue! lol
 
 

And here is a close up of the main section of the page.
 
 
 
Next I have a few projects from my DT work for Kaisercraft, using
the beautiful "Rustic Harmony" collection.
 
This collection is nothing short of beautiful...it is soft and pretty, yet rustic at the same time. Lots of woodgrained & antiquey type papers, that would suit any style of layout. It's up there as one of my fav Kaisercraft collections....I love it :)
 
 
"Ha'penny Bridge"
  
I used the "Calm" specialty paper for the background & added some stencil work using the Quarters template & some modelling paste and also some stamping with KC script stamp.  I then layered a variety of papers, Captured Moments cards, stickers & Collectables pieces across the page.
 
 

I chose some coral & sage paper blooms to tie in with the colours of the papers and gave them all a swipe of gesso to help tie in with the rustic papers....I then finished off my cluster
with some diecut leaves.
 
 

There's also some stickers & Collectables pieces in there as well.
 
 

A smaller cluster mirrored on the opposite side of the photo
 
 

This collection comes with alpha stickers on the sticker sheet, so I've used them in my title, as well as some KC white alpha stickers that I've inked a soft pink. I love the size of these alpha stickers...as they are not too big, they are just the perfect size :)
 
 

Here's a close up of the stencil work & stamping on the background, and some journaling on one of the Captured Moments cards.
 
 

And a close up of the main area of the page.
 
Kaisercraft Products: Rustic Harmony Specialty Paper – Calm PS371, Tranquil P1648, Paper Pad PP952, Antique Bliss 3×4 Captured Moments Journal Cards CM117, Collectables CT809, Sticker Sheet SS259, Coral Paper Blooms F662, Sage Paper Blooms F632, Cream Lace EM927, Coral Alpha Stickers AS256, Latte Pearls PL505, Quarters Template T613, Bark Ink IP724, Foam Tape T303
 
Other: Flower, Modelling Paste, Leaf Die, Gesso


Next is a BTP project.....

"Sweet Love"
  
I've used 2 layers of paper, with the top layer cut slightly smaller than the bottom, so that it created a bit of a border around the outside of the heart. I've also distressed & inked the edges of the inner heart to help give it a bit more definition.
 
 

I created a cluster made up of 3 different coloured paper blooms, some stickers & diecuts...plus a really OLD KC wooden flourish that I found buried in my stash...lol! Also added some muslin & some die-cut leaves.
 
 

I've added a bit of texture to the wooden flourish & then coloured it with glimmermist.
 
 

And here is a few of the Collectables pieces....layered butterflies & some cute little banners.
 
 
Kaisercraft Products: BTP Standing Heart SB2216, Unity Paper P1650, Peace P1649, Euphoria P1653, Wooden Flourish – Vines FL406, Collectables CT809, Sticker Sheet SS259, Latte Pearls PL505, Coral Paper Blooms F662, Honey Paper Blooms F628, Sage Paper Blooms F632, Bark Ink Pad IP724, Foam Tape T303
 
Other: Modelling Paste, Flower, Muslin, Leaf Die, Mist

That is it from me for another week.
I hope you have been inspired by these fabulous collections. 

Linda xx
 
 
 
Photobucket
 
Products Used
 
Little Miss Cheeky
Kaisercraft - Paper Blooms - Coral
Prima - Chalk Ink - Black Coal
Fiskars border punch - Notebook
White Cardstock
Mists
Gelatos
Gesso
 
 
Ha'penny Bridge & Sweet Love Heart 

No comments:

Post a Comment