HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, October 10, 2014

WRMK Indian Summer - By Linda Eggleton

 Hi everyone & welcome.

Today I have another layout to share featuring the utterly gorgeous
"Indian Summer" collection from WRMK.
It has been such a joy to work with this collection so far......I think I'd have to rate it up there as one of my all time favourite collections :) 
The colours are simply gorgeous...as is the patterns on each of the papers.


"Dublin Famine Statues"

For this page, I wanted to keep the background fairly plain, so that the 2Crafty Square Collage Panel didn't get lost in patterns etc on the background. So I have used the Whitewash paper & just simply flicked a few random mists around and then built my page from there.
 
 

I have slightly coloured the square collage panel with a brown Gelato...by rubbing the gelato over the chipboard piece & then using a wet brush, I spread the colour around.  I wasn't too particular about the coverage, as I wanted to depict the feel of the statues, which were quite rustic & dull.
 
 

For my cluster I've used one of the flowery stickers from the embossed sticker sheet as the base, and then have added a variety of flowers (see list of products at the bottom of post), a Flutterby flair & some punched butterflies. There's also another embossed sticker at the bottom of the photo...plus the mustardy coloured arrow that is an offcut of one of the frames in the Jouranl Card pack (I dont't think it was meant to be in there...so that was a little bonus!)
 
 

I've also added another smaller cluster at the opposite side of the photo...again using a variety of flowers & one of the gears from the 2Crafty Gears pack, which I've coloured with a variety of gelatos to depict the colours in the statues. And I've used a leftover piece from last weeks layout, the embossed doily that I cut off .
 
 

I cut some of the small triangle arrows from the Carefree paper to run across the bottom of the page, with a piece added that I've cut off one of the frames from the Journal Cards pack. I also added a few arrows to the opposite top right of the layout to help balance things out a bit.  The Journal card pack really is excellent value....there are so many pieces in the pack & they would be fabulous for pocket style scrapping as well as for normal layouts.
 
 
 
I added my journaling onto some Kraft cardstock, cut into strips & inked the edges.
Title is some old alpha stickers from my stash....Sassafras & Prima.


 
And here is a close up view of the main area of the page....to once again hightlight the fabulous 2Crafty Square Collage Panel....which I cut into a few pieces & spread around so that there was some showing around most sides of the photo.
 
Thank you so much for taking the time to check out my work.
I hope you have been inspired by this amazing collection!
 
Until next time...happy scrapping :) xx
 
 
Photobucket
 
Products used:
 
WRMK - Indian Summer paper - Whitewash
WRMK - Indian Summer paper - Daydreamer
WRMK - Indian Summer paper - Wildflower
WRMK - Indian Summer paper - Carefree
WRMK - Indian Summer - Journal Cards
WRMK - Indian Summer - Embossed Stickers
2Crafty - Chipboard - Square Collage Panel
2Crafty - Chipboard - Gears
Green Tara - Apple Blossom - Ivory
Petaloo - Botanica Velvet Hydrangeas - Blue
Petaloo - Botanica Minis - Yellow
Petaloo - Botanica Minis - Teal
Petaloo - Darjeeling Paper Mini Blossoms - Soft Grey
Manor House Creations - Flower
Flutterby Designs - Flair Button - Design 181
Kaisercraft - Pearls - Chino
Tattered Angels - Glimmermists
EK Success - Butterfly Punch
Creative Memories - Butterfly Punch
Sassafrass - Alpha Stickers
Prima - Alpha Stickers
Faber-Castell - Gelatos
Kraft Cardstock
 

2 comments:

  1. I wondered why this didn't come to my mail :( then I discover you have another blog. How did I not know this. I love this layout. The papers are gorgeous and I love the background. That chippie is perfect. Another stunning layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous design Linda, love this page, stunning work :)

    ReplyDelete