HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, September 26, 2014

More October Afternoon Public Library - By Linda Eggleton

Hi everyone & welcome
 
Today I have 2 final layouts to share using October Afternoon - Public Library collection.
I have to say that this has been such a fun range of papers & embellies to play with.  I love each & every page I've created with it, and it has been so super versatile, which is fantastic :)
 
My first layout is based on sketch #123 at Sketchabilities
"Girls gone wild"
 
For my background, I first dabbed on some watered down Teal Gelatos using some cling wrap, then I added some stamping in red ink.  I've also used the new Triangles template from Kaisercraft, and have randomly traced out a few different sized triangles onto the Biography paper with a black journal pen....and I cut a few triangle shapes from a variety of papers & stuck them so that they sat inside a few of the traced triangles from the template.....I then finished off with a few splashes of glimmermists.
 
 

I've added some 2Crafty Maple leaves to my cluster of Green Tara & Petaloo flowers...and there's also an October Afternoon 9-5 Tin Pin (Flair) in there as well.
 
 

With the Maple Leaves, I first sprayed them with water & then scrunched them up in my hand & worked them until they were soft & resembled nothing like a leaf.  I then carefully opened them back out & gently pulled the different layers apart, giving it a bit more shape & dimension.  I finished them off by colouring them with a green Gelato & then randomly painted the edges & centre vein pieces with some gesso.
 
 

Another 2Crafty piece....Mini Camera.  Oh boy, these are just the cutest little cameras ever!  I love them & couldn't wait to start using them on my pages!  I have coloured it with Gelatos again, and then enhanced a few of the features with a white & black journal pen.  I hand cut a little tag from the "Children's Section" paper, then tied a small piece of twine & arranged the tag in under the camera.
 
 

The papers are layered up under the photo, with the corners punched...and there's also some more of the border stickers in there too, as well as some more 2Crafty - pieces cut from the Circular Panel & coloured with black gelato.
 
 

A few more layers on the side of the page to fit in with the sketch....plus more pieces of border sticker, 2Crafty Circular Panel again, and also Green Tara flowers & another Tin Pin :)
 
 

I've added my journaling directly onto the page & have hand drawn a bit of a border around the other edges with a journal pen.  The pic is of a few of my GF's gone totally wild & having fun with my camera....way back in 1986 :)
 
 
 
Next layout is this one that was sooooo much fun to create...
 
"Weee"

I just had to create a page that featured the gorgeous balloon & cute little animals from the "Story Time" paper....and somehow it all just fell into place.  I normally struggle to use large pieces like this on my pages, but this one wasn't the case at all & I love how it has turned out.
 
I have mounted the balloon piece up on some scrap pieces of corrugated cardboard to give it a bit of height & definition on the page & I've used my newly acquired Prima Stiched Squares stamp to stamp a variety of different sized squares onto to a variety of papers that have been layered over & under each other after cutting them from the different papers. 
I really love the effect these have given :)
 
I have journaled around the page to create a bit of a border.
 
 

As you can see, the stamped squares are just randomly placed over each other
giving a great layered effect.
 
 

Here is a bit of a close up of the different stamped squares....with a small cluster of Prima, Petaloo & Green Tara Flowers.....PLUS some of the cute 2Crafty Mixed Buttons that I've inked in a few different colours.  The 2 strips across the top of the page are more pieces from the Border Stickers sheet.
 
 

One of the TidBits journal spots that I've added the basic When & Where....with more close ups of the stamped squares.
 
 

And here is a close up of the super cute balloon :)
 
I hope you have enjoyed seeing my creations with this fabulous, versatile range....and I also hope you've been inspired to want to create with them :)
 
Until next time....Happy Scrapping!  xxx
 
 
 
Photobucket
 
Products used:
 
"Girls gone wild"
October Afternoon - Public Library paper - Biography
Green Tara - Cherry Blossoms - Soft Pink
Dylusions - Ink Spray - Black
Faber-Castell - Gelatos
Tattered Angels - Glimmermists - Key Lime Pie, Denim Blue, Crushed Seashell
Prima Marketing - Stamp
Black Journal pen
Twine
 
 
"Weeee"
Green Tara - Cherry Blossoms - Soft Pink
Prima Marketing - Stitched Stamps - Squares
Prima Marketing - Flower
Ranger - Archival Ink
Sassafras - Alpha Stickers
Crochet Cotton

No comments:

Post a Comment