HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, September 12, 2014

More October Afternoon "Public Library" - by Linda Eggleton

Hi everyone & welcome :)
 
Today I am back to share another layout using the October Afternoon "Public Library" collection.
As I said last week, this collection would be well suited for any theme of layout, and not just library, reading or book type layouts. 
 
This week my layout is far from being book or library themed.....
 
 
"Funny Faces"
(based on the Scrap the Girls September sketch)
 
Again, I've used the "Reference Section" paper for my background...which is the same  background paper that I used for last weeks layout, except this is the reverse side.  I just LOVED both sides of this paper, so had to make sure I got 2 sheets to play with so that I could use both sides!    I've trimmed it down to approx 29cm & have mounted it onto a piece of "Sh-h-h" paper (after cutting out the centre of the paper for future use on other pages), and then machine stitched a couple of rows around the edges. 
 
 

The flourish/swirl is 2Crafty - Maggie's Swirl that I've coated in gesso & then lightly inked, and the rest of my cluster is made up of Green Tara & Petaloo flowers & some diecut
pieces from the Tidbits pack.
 
 

Another cluster made up of 2Crafty chipboard - Doilie, with the same gesso & ink...and more Green Tara & Petaloo flowers.  The flair is an October Afternoon 9 to 5 Tin Pin.
 
 

I've mounted each photo on some layers of patterned paper that are at different angles & have also added a few tabs & arrows from the Tidbits pack.  I have added a small amount of stamping on the background using Kasiercraft's "Arty" texture stamp
 
 

The strips running across & under the photos are small strips cut from the "Library Card" paper,
plus one of the Border Strip stickers....none of the pieces run in under the photos or clusters, they are just small pieces tucked in under the edges.   Pics are of my DD & one of her friends while at a wedding earlier this year, having some fun taking selfies & pulling some funny faces, as you do whilst at a wedding!....lol
 
Well, that is all from me for this week....I hope you have enjoyed seeing the versatility of this fab collection.  Until next time....happy scrapping :)
 
Linda xx
 
 
Photobucket
 
Products used:
 
Prima Marketing - Alpha Stickers
Sassafras Lass - Alpha Stickers
Mont Marte - Gesso
Machine Stitching

No comments:

Post a Comment