HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, August 1, 2014

Echo Park "Capture Life" & Kaisercraft "Bow & Arrow" - by Linda Eggleton

Hello everyone....welcome to the AAS blog today & welcome to August!! :)
 
This month I will be working with the fabulous bright & cheery
 
My first layout for the month is this one that is based on the Scrap365 August sketch
 
 
"Escape to the City"
  

How COOL is that background paper???  It's the "City Scape" paper & is named appropriately!
I just love the chevrons with the city scape that can be seen through them - so I kept my photos & embellishing off to the side so as to not cover up any of the city scape :)
 
 

The "Memories" paper has lots of bits on it that are great for cutting out - including this really cool view finder that I've popped up on some foam tape.
 
   
 
As usual...a cluster! lol
some Green Tara & Kaisercraft flowers, Flutterby Designs flair & some 2Crafty silhouette hearts that I've inked the outer one in black, and the inner one is coated in gesso then stamped with co-ordinating ink using Kaisercraft script stamp.
 
 

A few stickers from the Sticker sheet.....and the top black one is actually from one of my DT kits a few months ago - Teresa Collins "Daily Stories" word/alpha sticker sheet.
I love being able to mix leftover goodies into other collections :)
 
 

A few black chevrons that I cut from the Chevrons paper & also some strip journaling.
 
 
 
And here is an overall shot of the main area of the page.
Pics are from a trip to Melbourne a few years ago with the girls from work.
 
 
 
 
And now for a few of my Kaisercraft DT layouts using the FABULOUS
Bow & Arrow collection...and I have to say that the colours, patterns & also the Collectables in this collection are AMAZING - I love them all & they were such fun to work with :)
 
"Carrick-A-Rede"
 
I've used the woodgrain "Spirit" paper for my background <3  and have only added a few splashes of mist to it as I love it just as it is.
 
 

Feathers, feathers & more feathers...there are a heap of them in the Collectables pack!
 
 
 
 
Here is a better close up where hopefully you can see a bit more detail.
I've cut down at small intevals into each feather at an angle to help it look more like a real feather, plus I've inked the edges & curled the edges up by working them with my fingers. 
 
 
 

Lots of cool arrows in the Collectables pack also
 
 
 

Including these chevrons that I've cut out from the Chevron Specialty paper - I absolutely love these!!


 
Photos are from the Carrick-A-Rede rope bridge in Northern Ireland on the beautiful Antrim Coast.
It was an amazing & fun place to visit :)
 
 
 
 
Next up, another layout with the same collection...yet the colours are very different.
 
"Gangster's Ball"
 
This time I've used the reverse side of the "Stone" paper for the background....gotta love those chevrons!!
 
 

Again, more fabulous feathers :)
This time I've just shaped them with my fingers & also inked the edges again.
 
 
 

More of the cool arrows & also some tabs off to the side...all from the Collectables pack
 
 


There's also lots of very usable words & sayings on banners etc in the Collectables pack.
I think it's fair to say that the Collectables packs really are awesome value!
 
 
 

And here's even more pieces from, you guessed it, the Collectables pack!  lol
 
 
 

The title is using some Kaisercraft alpha stickers - Natural....and I have inked them in a darker brown to suit the colours of the layout.
 
 
 
And lastly, a quick & easy card.
 
"Hello"

I have simply layered some papers from the Paper Pad & some diecuts from the Collectables pack...all on top of a row of chevron's that I cut from the Specialty paper...and I also coloured them with a light inking.
 

 
 
Thanks so much for taking the time to check out my creations.
I hope you have enjoyed them & were inspired :)
 
Until next week  xx
 
Photobucket
 
Products Used:
 
Escape to the City
Green Tara - Black Rose
Prima - Chalk Ink - Turquoise Stone
Mont Marte - Gesso
 
 
Carrick-A-Rede & Gangster's Ball
 

3 comments:

  1. Hahahahahaha I thought that photo behind the chevrons was yours. That is such a clever idea. :) love all of the layouts and the papers. Just so cool... Clever lady :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful work, as always--- especially loving that echo park chevron pp up top. Simply STUNNING:):)

    ReplyDelete