HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, July 18, 2014

Simple Stories "The Story of Us" & Kaisercraft "Pitter Patter" - By Linda Eggleton

Hello everyone & Happy Friday to you all :)
 
I have quite a bit to share today, so I'll get right to it.
 
First up is a layout using Simple Stories - The Story of Us , which as you'll recall, is a wedding themed collection.  But for this layout I've managed to create a page using one of my holiday pics from Ireland last year....I love when paper collections are versatile like this!
 
 
"St Stephen's Green"
 
I've used the wood side of the wood/silver foil paper for my background and have added some textured stencilling & dabbing of some watered down gelatos....using a scrunched up plastic bag
 
 

The spray of flowers & leaves coming down from the cluster were fussy cut from the Forever & Always paper....and the rest of the cluster is made up of Green Tara & Petaloo flowers, as well as a little leftover piece of 2Crafty chipboard that was cut from a bigger piece on a previous project.
 
 

The Green artisan border poking out at the top & bottom of my paper layers is fussy cut from the Happily Ever After paper & then I coated it in gesso before colouring it green with my Gelatos...then added a bit of Kaisercraft stamping over the top.
 
 

How cute is that little camera!  It is one of the pieces from the Bits & Pieces pack and I've mounted it on some foam tape so that it sits up off the page a bit <3  And you can also see at the top of the page where I've used my new fav die from Memory Box - that I love cutting up into small pieces to add here & there on my page :)
 
 

St Stephen's Green is a gorgeous old park in Dublin....with paths & little lakes with ducks & other birdlife etc...plus lots of playing areas for children.  It really is a beautiful old park & I love this photo with the trees just starting to turn & some that have fallen on the path :)
 
 
 
Next up is some DT work that I've created for Kaisercraft
using the very cute "Pitter Patter" collection, which comes with both pink & blue papers & coordinating collectables & stickers.
 
 
"Baby Boy" Layout

I've layered up a few of the blue papers in behind my photo and used the
Little Feet paper for my background
 
 

There are so many gorgeous pieces in the collectables pack - which comes in
both a boy pack & a girl pack
 
 

 
 
 
 
"Baby Girl" Altered photo album cover

I have covered the album using the Special Delivery paper...just like you'd cover a school book, and then added some layers & embellishments the same as if it was a layout :)
 
 

Here's a close up of the cluster work....which includes LOTS of pieces
from the Girl Collectables pack
 
 

 
 
 
"Baby Boy" Card

Just a really quick card using papers from the 6x6 paper pad & diecuts from the Boy Collectables pack - I love those little hexagons & the cute little babies feet that I've layered on top of each other with some foam tape.
 
 

And another quick easy card...a few papers & collectables pieces layered on top of a paper doily :)
 
 
That's all from me for this week....I hope you have been inspired :)
Until next time, happy scrapping! xx
 
 
 
Photobucket
Products Used:
 
St Stephen's Green
Memory Box - Die - Contempo Circle Border
Faber-Castell - Gelatos - Lime
 
Baby Boy & Girl projects

2 comments:

  1. I love your St Stephens Green layout Linda, it is perfection!! Congrats again on the Kaisercraft DT, you will rock it and you have certainly started out with outstanding layouts and cards!! xx

    ReplyDelete