HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, July 11, 2014

Simple Stories "The Story of Us" - by Linda Eggleton

Hello everyone.....welcome to another Friday share :)
 
I have another layout to share this week using Simple Stories - The Story of Us collection.
This weeks layout is a non-wedding one, just to show the versatility of this classy range.
 
 
 
"So Proud"
Based on sketch No. 31 at Scrap Africa
 
I have used the Mr & Mrs paper to create a framed look for my page....carefully cutting out the centre with my craft knife, making sure to leave all the pretty little flowers in the corners in tact.
I then used the "Brokeh" side of the Silver Chevron/Brokeh paper as the centre of the page....and have added a bit of stencil work using modelling paste.
 
 
 

A little cluster of flowers, the pale blue/grey one I've given a coat of gesso to reduce the amount of blue in the flower & to help it blend better on the page.  Here you can see the flowers in the corner of the frame that I've gone around with a craft knife.
 
 
 

Another cluster, again giving the blue flower a coat of gesso to tone it down a bit.  I've also used one of the 2Crafty Word Circles coloured with a black gelato & backed with a small leftover piece of Gold Foil paper...and in the corner you can see some more fussy cutting with my craft knife.  The title is using the alpha stickers from the Expression Sticker sheet.
 
 
 

Here's a bit of a close up of the stencil work, using a Prima stencil - Flourish....plus my new favorite die!!!  Memory Box - Contempo Circle border....it cuts a piece about 14cm x 4cm, but I have been cutting it up into smaller pieces to add in amongst my layers :))) ....it looks a little like punchinella.
 
 
 

And here is an overall view of the main area of the page...I've also used a few pieces from the Bits & Pieces pack in and around the page in various spots, plus some diecut leaves
in amongst the flower clusters.
 
Pics are from several years ago for my DD's year 12 graduation night.
 
Thanks so much for dropping by today :)
Until next time...happy scrapping! xx
 
 
Photobucket
Products used:
Simple Stories - The Story of Us paper - Mr & Mrs
Memory Box - Die - Contempo Circle Border
Dylusions - Ink Spray - Black Marble
Mont Marte - Modelling Paste
Joy Crafts - Leaf Die
Faber-Castell - Gelatos - Butterscotch
Buttons

No comments:

Post a Comment