HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, July 4, 2014

Kaisercraft "Be-YOU-tiful" & Simple Stories "The Story of Us" - By Linda Eggleton

 
Hi everyone & welcome to the blog today.
 
So here we are with another new month already!
And of course, a new month means new collections to share with you all, and today
 I have 2 creations using Kaisercraft's Be-YOU-tiful & Simple Stories "The Story Of Us" as well.
 
First up is one with Be-YOU-tiful...and boy, does it live up to it's name!
There are so many beautiful papers in this one, that it is so hard to choose which to use!
Especially for my background paper...I always want to use my fav's for the background...
but when there's so many that you love, it makes the decision too hard...lol
 
 
Anyways, here is my layout
"Sweet Memory"
 
I've ended up deciding on the "Sweet" paper for my background, with a little bit of stencil & stamping work....but a lot of what you can see on the paper is actually part of the paper.  It looks like I've been playing with mists, inks & a lot more stamping than what I actually have....but it's all part of the paper, which is really cool! 
 
The stencil is Memory Box - Diamond & the stamp I've used is Kaisercraft - Crackle
 
 

For my cluster, I've used one of the floral pieces from the Collectables pack as the base, then added a few Kaisercraft & Green Tara flowers, as well as some gorgeous 2Crafty Indian feathers that I've lightly coated in gesso then gave them a watercolour effect by watering down some gelatos for colour.  I've also used a few more pieces from the collectables pack in and around the cluster & other spots over the page.
 
The title is 2Crafty ATC words that I've also coloured with gelatos.
 
 

I had a few tiny leftover pieces of 2Crafty Fencing Wire Panel & Chickenwire Panel in my stash that I've added at the top & bottom of my paper layers...first I coated in gesso (quite thickly) then inked with Walnut Stain.
 
 

I've added another cluster at the top left of the photo...again KC flowers & Diecuts plus one of the Jillibean Soup Wooden Nickels left over from last months kit :)
 
 

And another 2Crafty piece is the Circle Revolution Frame over the photo - oh how I love these!!...coated in gesso & then lightly coloured with a pale pink gelato.
 
I've inked & distressed all the edges of the paper layers to help give it a bit of a rustic/vintage look.
 
 
 
Next up is a page using the gorgeous "The Story of Us" by Simple Stories
 
"Signed with Love"
(based on the July sketch at Scrap365)

I hope all those stripes don't hurt your eyes!  Up on the computer screen it seems to make them go all funny & a bit wonky - or maybe it's just me?!?
 
For this background piece I've carefully cut out all the gold hearts with my craft knife from the Heart to Heart paper, then mounted them on black cardstock with some 3d foam tape, cutting the black cardstock slightly bigger....then replaced them all back into their positions to cover the cut out hearts.
 
It's hard to see the effect here, but the hearts really POP off the page :)
 
 

I've coloured a couple of the flowers in the cluster so that they blended in nicely with the colours of the papers.  I've added a deeper yellow to the Ivory - Green Tara Gardenia....and the little GT Cherry Blossom was originally a more bluer colour...so I've given it a coat of gesso & now it's more of a pale grey which ties in much better :)
 
The word "love" is one of the pieces from the Bits & Pieces pack...and again, I've mounted it on black cardstock to give it more definition & help it pop off the page.  There's also a few little word stickers from the Expressions Sticker sheet...and I've just noticed that the stripes on the background are making them look like they're standing up on their edge...lol  They don't look like that IRL and really are sitting flat on the page!
 
 

A few more pieces from the Bits & Pieces pack, along with a 2Crafty Heart Sillouette.
I love that these come with the heart in the centre too....so you not only get the sillouette, but also a solid heart.  I've used both pieces and have coloured the sillouette in black ink & the centre heart using my Butterscotch gelato.
 
 

I've used more pieces from the Bits & Pieces pack at the top of the photo, and another cluster of Green Tara flowers re-coloured....and there's also a Flutterby flair in there too.  The top part of the title is using alpha stickers from the Expressions Sticker sheet - there are 4 different kinds of alpha's on this sheet, along with a heap of words & little tabs & tags etc....so they are really good value!
 
 

Her is a close up of the 3D hearts....but it's still a bit hard to see them up off the page.
 
 

Another pic from our wedding day....signing the marriage certificate <3
 
 
That is all from me for another week....I hope you have enjoyed your visit & been inspired
by these 2 gorgeous collections <3
 
Until next time... xx
 
  
Photobucket
 
Products used:
 
"Sweet Memory" 
Kaisercraft - Texture Stamp - Script
Green Tara - Gardenia - Turquoise
Faber-Castell - Gelatos
Mont Marte - Modelling Paste
 
 
"Signed with Love"
Green Tara - Black Rose
Martha Stewart - Frond Punch
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh Wow!! I looooveee both these pages Linda!! The background on the first one is awesome even if a lot of it is the paper itself, your stamping enhanced it all beautifully!! Love all the 2Crafty chippies you used and how you treated them especially the Fencing wire, it really looks like old rusty wire. Gorgeous photos on both pages and I could actually see that those gorgeous hearts do pop right off the page. Absolutely, totally, Stunning!!! ox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soooo much Margaret...I really appreciate your kind words! xx

      Delete