HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, June 27, 2014

Last Birthday Bisque & Something Blue creations - By Linda Eggleton

Hello everyone...welcome to the blog & happy Friday to you all :)
 
I am back to share one more layout & a couple of cards before this month draws to a close.
My layout is again using the fabulous & fun Jillibean Soup Birthday Bisque, and this time I've gone for a bit of grunginess on this bright & cheery collection
 
"Churning the Roost"
 
 

I started off with some template work & modelling paste on the bright orange background paper...then added some random stamping using 2 Kaisercraft stamps - Checker Plate & Chevrons, then layered up a few layers of different papers, stickers, lots of different 2Crafty chipboard pieces...as well as some JBS Sprinkles & Nickels.
 
Photos are of my DS in a recent motocross/amcross race where he is spitting dirt out everywhere (otherwise known as "Roost")
 
 
 
Here's a few close ups....

I've grouped a few handcut chevrons and cut them into different sizes, just so that they didn't look too uniform :)  And the stickers gained a bit of a worn/wrinkled look from moving them around so many times...lol  But I quite like the look & it fits in with the grungy feel to the page.
 
 

I've used quite a few pieces of 2Crafty over the page....some are only tiny off-cuts that I've kept over the years, and for these pieces, they are placed at the edge of the papers with just a tiny bit tucked in behind & it gives a great layered effect.  I've also clustered some more 2Crafty with some JBS Sprinkles & sticker from the Labels sticker sheet.
 
 

And again, another cluster of 2Crafty, JBS Sprinkles & Nickel that I've added some JBS tiny alpha stickers to, to change the wording to suit the layout.  I've also used a 2Crafty circle revolution frame to frame one of the photos.  All the chipboard pieces have been coloured with Gelatos.
 
 
 
 
Now for a couple of cards using the stunning
 
"Mister & Missis"
 
These papers are just so beautiful to work with....everything I've created with them this month, just seemed to fall into place & creating with them has been such a breeze & a joy too.
 
I've layered a few different papers, inking & distressing the edges, then topped them off with a stunning 2Crafty Georgian Frame that I've lighly inked in black then randomly swiped with a bit of gesso...and also a few collectables pieces, the top one that was originally white until I coloured it with a blue Gelato, and also added a few clustered flowers & punched leaves.  Then to finish it off, I added a few small strips of Kaisercraft rhinestones.
 
I think it all makes a really gorgeous card - now I need a wedding to come up
so that I can give it to someone! lol
 
 
Here's a couple of close ups...

 

 
 
 
And the next card is a lot plainer....
 
"Thank You"

Again, a few simple layers of varying papers, topped with a piece of velvet style ribbon, a few collectables, KC pearls & rhinestones and some tiny alpha stickers. 
A simple, yet effective card :)
 
This one is already on its way overseas....to Northern Ireland, along with a gift,
to a man who has been so helpful to me & my family in
getting a few family matters finalised.
 
So because it was for a male, that was the reason I left the card with no flowers etc on it.

 
Well, that is it from me for another week....and month.
I hope you have been inspired by these 2 gorgeous collections :)
 
Thanks so much for visiting today.
Until next time....happy scrapping!
 
 
 
Photobucket
 
Products used:
 
Layout - "Churning the Roost"
Kaisercraft - Texture Stamp - Chevrons
Prima - Stencil - Circular Lattice
Mont Marte - Modelling Paste
Ranger - Archival Ink - Jet Black
 
 
Kaisercraft Card - "Mister & Missis"
Green Tara - Organza flower
Faber-Castell - Gelatos
Mont Marte - Gesso
Martha Stewart - Frond Punch
 
 
Kaisercraft Card - "Thank You"
Ribbon
 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome dirt bike riding page Linda, perfect colours and design! All the cards are so beautiful too x

    ReplyDelete