HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, January 3, 2014

Simple Stories "I {heart} summer" - with Linda Eggleton

Hi there fellow scrappers....and welcome to 2014!
 
I hope everyone had a great time celebrating in the new year with family & friends.
Lets hope 2014 brings all that you hope for...and more!
 
Ok, on with some scrappy shares....a layout using Simple Stories - I {heart} summer collection.
And I have to say, this is such a fun collection to work with!  The colours/patterns & all the embelishment elements that come with this collection are just gorgeous!
 
"Summer Bliss"
(Based on sketch #106 at Sketchabilities)
 
I've used so many different pieces from the collection in this layout, and will point them out in the close ups below.  Pic is of hubby & I on our trip to The Great Ocean Road last summer....standing in front of the 12 Apostles.
 
 

Here you can see my cluster of Green Tara & Manor House flowers....as well as brads, a flair button & word stickers from the Expressions sticker sheet, all from the I {heart} summer collection.
(A list of products with links is listed at the bottom of my post)
 
 

For my title I've used alpha's from the Expressions sticker sheet and I've placed them onto a piece of PP cut into a banner shape with one of the 2Crafty film strips over the top - the film strip I've coloured using my Earl Grey Gelato randomly scribbled over it, then with a brush & a touch of water, I've then spread the colour evenly over the strip.
 
 

Some strip journaling....and more brads (there are so many in the Decorative Brads Pack that quite a few can be used on each layout!), and some more word stickers from the sticker sheet.
 
 

Here you can see one of the pieces from the Sn@p Cuts pack....which I cut in half & used at the top & bottom of my photo.  Plus some more word stickers & the "fun arrow" decorative brad.
You can also see some of the template work on the background using CW Stacked triangles template.
 
 

And lastly, one of the 3x4 cards cut out from the Card Elements paper to the left of my photo.  You can also now see the other piece of the Sn@p Cut at the top of the photo too.
The little dark grey arrrow triangles I simply cut from the coloured throwaway strip at the bottom of the paper & mounted on some leftover pieces of contrasting paper to give them more definition.
 
 
Well, that's all from me for today....just the one layout this time.
I hope you like what you see :)
 
Until next time....happy scrapping
 
Linda  xx
 
 
Photobucket
 
 
Products used:
Simple Stories - I {heart} Summer paper - Chalkboard/White Boardwalk
Simple Stories - I {heart} Summer paper - Hello Summer
Simple Stories - I {heart} Summer paper - Red Boardwalk/Ledger
Simple Stories - I {heart} Summer paper - Teal Boardwalk/Dotted Line Notebook
Simple Stories - I {heart} Summer paper - 3x4 Journaling Card Elements
Simple Stories - I {heart} Summer - Expressions Cardstock Stickers
Simple Stories - I {heart} Summer - Flair Badges
Simple Stories - I {heart} Summer - Decorative Brads
Simple Stories - I {heart} Summer - Sn@p Cuts
2Crafty Chipboard - Filmstrip small
Manor House Creations flowers - Romance - All My Heart
Green Tara Flowers - Gardenias - Turquoise
Green Tara Flowers - Cherry Blossoms - Cream
The Crafters Workshop Template - 12x12 - Stacked Triangles
Prima - Chalk Ink Edgers - Black Coal
Prima Marketing - Finnabair Clear Stamp - Honeycomb
Mont Marte Modelling Paste
 

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous Linda, love what you have done with this fantastic range!

    ReplyDelete