HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, January 24, 2014

Simple Stories - I {heart} Summer - by Linda Eggleton

Hello again everyone, and welcome!
 
I'm back again today to share a layout & card using Simple Stories - I {heart} Summer....which is such a bright, fun collection to create with!  Perfect for all those summer holiday pics, but it is a very versatile range, that any type of layout could be created with it.
 
My layout is based on the January sketch over at Life.Paper.Scrapbook
(an online digital scrap mag blog)
 
"Chillaxin"
 
 

I have created a patchwork effect using squares of "Feel the Breeze" paper, with strips of the "Yellow Boardwalk" paper stitched in between them to help give them more definition.  I have added my journaling around the edge of the page as a border.
I backed my photo with one of the Sn@p cuts & places a piece of the "Yellow Boardwalk" paper in behind the hearts to help them stand out, plus I outlined them with my journaling pen.
 
 

A cluster of flowers, brads & one of the flair badges from the collection...plus a few of the stickers from the sticker sheet.
 
 

Here you can see a bit of a close up of the stitched strips between the squares...plus another flair badge & word/phrase stickers.
 
 

This cute little camera comes in the Decorative Brad pack....oh so cute!!
And there are soooo many brads in this pack that I've been able to add a few to each of my projects this month, and there are still quite a few left over!  <3
 
 
 
 
Now for my card
 
"With Love"
 
I've used a few layers of patterned paper, topped with a heart shaped Sn@p Cut. 
 And again, I've used the yellow alpha stickers from the Expressions sticker sheet to form my sentiment.
 

A close up of my cluster.....a few flowers, decorative brad & 2 Crafty chipboard butterfly, with a few punched leaves to finish it all off.
 
(See below for a full list of products used for both my layout & card)
 
 
 
Thanks so much for dropping by today to look at my work.....I hope you have been inspired :)
Until next time...happy scrapping!
 
Linda  xx
 
 
 
Photobucket
 
Products Used:
"Chillaxin" Layout
Simple Stories - I {heart} Summer paper - Teal Boardwalk/Dotted Line Notebook
Simple Stories - I {heart} Summer paper - Yellow Boardwalk/Newsprint
Simple Stories - I {heart} Summer paper - Feel The Breeze
Simple Stories - I {heart} Summer paper - Red Boardwalk/Ledger
Simple Stories - I {heart} Summer paper - Hello Summer
Simple Stories - I {heart} Summer - Expressions Cardstock Stickers
Simple Stories - I {heart} Summer - Flair Badges
Simple Stories - I {heart} Summer - Decorative Brads
Simple Stories - I {heart} Summer - Sn@p Cuts
Green Tara - Gardenias - Turquoise
Manor House Creations - Romance - All my Heart
Prima - Fluid Chalk Ink Edger - Black Coal
Machine Stitching
 
 
 
"With Love" Card
Simple Stories - I {heart} Summer paper - Hello Summer
Simple Stories - I {heart} Summer paper - Red Boardwalk/Ledger
Simple Stories - I {heart} Summer - Sn@p Cuts
Simple Stories - I {heart} Summer - Decorative Brads
Simple Stories - I {heart} Summer - Expressions Cardstock Stickers
Green Tara - Gardenias - Turquoise
Green Tara - Cherry Blossoms - Cream
2 Crafty - Chipboard - Butterflies
Prima - Fluid Chalk Ink Edger - Black Coal
Green Tara - Mini Rose
Martha Stewart - Frond Punch
Faber-Castell - Gelatos - Butterscotch
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Fun layout Linda, love the grid pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Linda, so fresh and love the design, might need to try this one.

    ReplyDelete