HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, January 31, 2014

Kaisercraft "Tea Break" - by Linda Eggleton

Hello there everyone, and welcome :)
 
Today I have a layout to share using the gorgeous Kaisercraft "Tea Break" collection....and to show how versatile this collection is, my layout is nothing about tea, or breaks, or anything like that.
I've created a baby girl layout using this gorgeous collection....about my great niece who is now about 6 weeks old.  AND, I have created 2 different versions of the same layout....
 
 
 
"Olivia Grace"
(A full list of products used, including links, can be seen at the bottom of my post)
 

This is the end result from my first little play, using the seriously gorgeous Truffle specialty paper for my background, and as you can see, I just left the background plain. 
 
 
But then I thought, maybe it's too plain?!?
So decided to add a bit of background work....


So with just a bit of modelling paste & Prima Circular Lattice template, this was the result.
I am a little undecided which one I prefer, perhaps leaning more towards the one with the added background work (although it's a little too late to go back to the original now anyway!! lol) ....what do you think?
 
 
 
Here are a few close ups....

My main cluster - which is sitting on one of the gorgeous floral pieces from the Collectables pack.
A few Kaisercraft paper blooms, Flutteby Designs flair button & some punched butterflies.
 
 

One of the Rub-ons....the wording was perfect <3
 
 

And here you can see one of the 2 Crafty clock frames, that I coated in gesso, and finished it off with a coat of Liquid Pearls to give it a nice shimmer effect, and it frames my photo & layered papers nicely :)
You can also see one of the border stickers from the sticker sheet, running along the bottom of the photo.
 
 

Title and strip journaling
 
 
 
A different angled view of the cluster where you can see the butterflies a bit better & more of the floral die-cut from the Collectables pack.
 
 
Thanks so much for visiting today....I hope you have been inspired :)
 
Cheers, Linda xx

 
 
Photobucket
 
Products used
Kaisercraft - Tea Break specialty paper - Truffle
Kaisercraft - Tea Break paper - Yo Yo
Kaisercraft - Tea Break paper - Choc Chip
Kaisercraft - Tea Break paper - Jam Drop
Kaisercraft - Tea Break paper - Sugar Cookie
Kaisercraft - Tea Break - Sticker sheet
Kaisercraft - Tea Break - Rub-ons
Kaisercraft - Tea Break - Collectables
Kaisercraft - Paper Blooms - Fairy Floss
Kaisercraft - Paper Blooms - Buttercream
Kaisercraft - Paper Blooms - Olive
Kaisercraft - Pearls - Champagne
Flutterby Designs - Flair Button
2 Crafty - Chipboard - Clock Frame
Prima Marketing - Stencil - Circular Lattice
October Afternoon - Mini Market Sticky Keys - Honey
Prima Marketing - Alpha Stickers
Ranger - Liquid Pearls - White Opal
Mont Marte - Modelling Paste
EK Success - Butterfly punch
Creative Memories - Butterfly punch
Versacolor Ink - Pinecone

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Linda, love how the background work ties in with the rest of your design and Miss Olivia Grace is totally adorable x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous page Linda of an adorable little one, great job, love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!! I can just imagine you thinking it was too plain....something I'd do....both are beautiful:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your lovely comments ladies :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a gorgeous layout Linda!!! An adorable photo beautifully framed by all those amazing layers!! I love both versions ... stunning!! ox

    ReplyDelete