HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, December 6, 2013

Creating with Glitz Design "Sunshine in my soul" - by Linda Eggleton

Hi everyone, and welcome to the new All About Scrapbooking blog today!
I am really excited to be a part of this fabulous new DT, and am looking forward to sharing my creations with you.  I'd really like to thank Vanessa for inviting me to be part of the team :)
 
Ok, so on with some creating....
 
Today I'm sharing a layout & card created using Glitz Design "Sunshine in my soul" collection.
The colours & patterns in these papers are gorgeous.....as is the matching sticker embellishments.
 
"I love a sunburnt country"
 
Using a variety of "Sunshine in my soul" papers & stickers, as well as some 2crafty chipboard, Manor House Creations & Green Tara flowers, Flutterby Designs flair button, and some template work on the background using a Kaisercraft template.
(A list of products used, with links,  can be seen at the bottom of my post)
 
My layout is based on the Stuck?! 1st December sketch
 

A close up of my main cluster.  I have coloured the edges of the Green Tara ivory apple blossom & cream cherry blossom flowers using my butterscotch gelato...to help it blend in with the colourings of the layout
 
 

and from another angle....love those 2crafty butterflies!
 
 

My title using the stickers from the alphabet/word sticker sheet
 
 

And another smaller cluster...Green Tara flowers, punched leaves & one of the heart stickers from the Titles/Accents sticker sheet.
 
 

My journaling....which is the well known 2nd verse of Dorothea Mackellar's poem, "My Country".
I also have more journaling on the back of my layout :)
 
 

And an overall close up view.
 
 
 
And now for my card, which is a fairly simple card created with this gorgeous range!

Based on card sketch # 88 at Cardabilities
 
 

A close up of my cluster....Manorhouse & Green Tara flowers, Heart sticker from the Titles & Accents sticker sheet, a sweet little 2Crafty butterfly & some twine
 
 

For the sentiment I have used alpha's from the Alphabets & word sticker sheet - there are 3 different alpha's PLUS 2 different tiny alpha's, AS WELL AS the word stickers on this sheet....love them!!
 
 
Ok, so that's all from me for now...I hope you have enjoyed looking at my creations & I have inspired you to want to create with this gorgeous collection!
 
 
Until next time.....Linda
 
Photobucket
 
Products used:
Glitz Design - Sunshine in my soul paper - Rays
Glitz Design - Sunshine in my soul paper - Floral
Glitz Design - Sunshine in my soul paper - Suns
Glitz Design - Sunshine in my soul paper - Stripe
Glitz Design - Sunshine in my soul - Alphabet & words sticker sheet
Glitz Design - Sunshine in my soul - Titles & Accents sticker sheet
2 Crafty chipboard - Butterfly frame
2 Crafty chipboard - Flourish 2
Flutterby Designs Flair Button
Green Tara - Apple Blossoms - Ivory
Green Tara - Cherry Blossoms - Blue
Green Tara - Cherry Blossoms - Cream
Manor House Creations flowers - Romance - All my heart
Kaisercraft - Template - Bubbles
Martha Stewart - Leaf punch
Martha Stewart - Border punch
Unity Stamp - Cooped up Notes
Mont Marte - Modelling paste
Faber-Castell - Gelatos
Tim Holtz - Distress ink
Button
Hand Stiching
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Sensational first post Linda, love both projects and what a gorgeous photo - welcome and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always Linda, gorgeous. Love what you have done here. Cheers Di

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Linda, perfect colours for your beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning layout Linda and a gorgeous card!!! Congratulations on joining this team ... well deserved!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like I said it before- this page is simply gorgeous! and the card is beautiful too.
    (and I became a follower - congrats!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow what a gorgeous page Linda, love the palette and what a stunning photo! Congrats on joining the AAS team!

    ReplyDelete